“Nice place to stay”

Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Glenrothes
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stopped here for two nights this weekend, I had a twin and a double booked!.
Good points.
Good sized rooms, both with a good size bathroom with a bath and a shower.
Clean and well equipped rooms.
Nice leisure facility's including a swimming pool.
Lovely gardens would be great in the summer.
The food in the restaurant we had was good for hotel food.
Bad points.
My room faced the front and was at the very top so had the window open as the room was very warm! They tend to do a lot of weddings and its very noisy on the front of the hotel, now you can't really blam the hotel for some drunk loud mouthed guests ( maybe most of us have been guilty of that at some point) so maybe ask for a room overlooking the back. Saying this it still wouldn't stop me from staying here agin!.
Next the staff we encounterd.
Now this is only a small criticism really and maybe a little petty!
But overall the staff were fantastic.
Here it comes! Breakfast on the Saturday was a joy from the first step into the room until we left an hour later. Now I never managed to get her name but a young blond lady was so good in that room she made your breakfast a pleasure? I did ask if she was working on the Sunday (she couldn't remember this early in the morning) because I was going to leave a nice tip! Wish I had given it to her on the sat now!.
Sunday was totally the opposite! There was only a couple of staff on, i know it was Sunday morning and no one likes working on a weekend but come on a smile and a word wouldnt hurt, couldn't wait to get out of the room! They weren't rude but come on at least try and smile cost you all your tip.pehaps they could take some lessons from the bright and bubbly blond from sat! Petty but I needed to say it?
Conclusion .
Well run hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay again thank you for a pleasant stay!.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We are investing in staff training to ensure that all guests are met with a smile – even on a Sunday morning! We hope that you will see the difference on your next visit

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good, quality hotel, adequate single room size well equipped with iron, free view channels, free wi-fi, comfortable bed, etc. Hotel has good leisure facilities. Didn't have an evening meal (ate out) so cannot comment on the food. Nice comfortable bar area. Only gripe was the extortionate amount wanted for breakfast was too much. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Most guests find that if they wish to have breakfast they find it great value if they book in on a bed and breakfast rate, only £7 per person more than room only rate

Reviewed October 1, 2012

A large group booked into my normal hotel and I was booked in here again. OK so I don't always turn up here excited at the prospect but perhaps this time it would be good or even better. Good start at check-in wiith very friendly receptionist who recognised I had stayed here before; quickly down hill when realised allocated a single room. Sure enough room (215) is tiny and here is me (not the smallest example of a human!) trying to sleep in a single bed! You see I was 10 years old the last time I had a good nights sleep in a single bed and that was a little while ago!

Also lots of noise from neighbouring rooms (not that the occupants were actually noisy) but I now know how the exact noise of water and whetever else heading down a waste pipe sounds. Wifi speed is too slow to enable you to watch Sky Go and a corporate B&B rate that every time I look on line is more expensive than best available rates.

Room service was prompt though food was just OK and was not covered in any way when delivered.

I was due here next week but have asked that it be cancelled and I stay anywhere else. All being well I will continue to be a business traveller in this area for a good while yet; but not in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Fifescribe, Manager at Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in our hotel again. Once again we appear to have failed to impress you. There are only 2 single rooms in the entire hotel, with 3 new Garden Rooms being opened at the end of the month. I am surprised that if your company is aware of your aversion to single rooms that you continue to book you into a single room. It is often possible to upgrade a guest to a double or twin on arrival , sometimes at little or no cost. I would have thought that it may have been to your benefit to ask about this on arrival.
I am sorry that you will not be using our facilities again in the future but I hope that you remain satisfied with your current choice of hotel

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is located about 30 minutes by car from Edinburgh Airport. Upon arrival I was given a single rooms which was one of the smaller size. The room under the roof had two small windows, a nice bathroom, TV and a complimentary tea/coffee making facility. Unfortunately there was some noise from the neighbouring rooms.

As the hotel is somehow in the middle of a green suburb far away from other pubs or restaurants, you will certainly drop into the hotel`s restaurant. This was ok, but somehow average. The same was the breakfast included in my rate.

The staff was polite, but in fact, the whole property lacked of personality. So nothing special, but a good place to sleep whenever you are in central Fife.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It looks like we just about got pass marks. We always hope to do better than that. I hope that we can provide a more engaging experience on a future stay

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is set in a quiet approach road and has wonderful views of the surrounding countryside from the back of the hotel.

As others have mentioned -immaculately presented, comfortable, good service, friendly staff and very reasonable prices both for food and drinks.

Evening meal served in an attractive restaurant, breakfast top class with an excellent selection of food. Comfortable lounge. Good leisure facilities.

Well worth considering if visiting the Glenrothes area.

Room Tip: The bedrooms in the original part of the hotel are more traditional in nature and more in keeping wi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second visit to the Balgeddie House Hotel and again we had a fantastic time. The hotel is immaculately presented, the rooms are very comfortable, the food is excellent and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The whole stay was an absolute pleasure. Perhaps it would be an idea for the management of some other best western hotels to visit the Balgeddie to see how a hotel should be run!!

Room Tip: We asked to be located in a specific area of the hotel when we booked and this was accomodated. Some...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the efforts by both the staff and management. We hope that you may stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Having now stayed at The Balgeddie House Hotel i can say that this is an Excellent Best Western hotel! Staff are very helpful, great gym & swimming pool facilities, bedrooms are clean, comfortable and well decorated, all the rooms i have stayed in so far have had fantastic views and finally the food served is of a good standard!
Although i have only ever stayed here on business i would have no hesitation to visiting here with my family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found time to use our extensive leisure facilities during your stay. If you are bringing you family to stay, ask about one of our new garden rooms that are almost complete. They can each accommodate up to 4 people and are to the east side of the building and look out over the gardens

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenrothes
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
#1 of 1 in Lundin Links
The Gilvenbank Hotel
The Gilvenbank Hotel
#8 of 9 in Glenrothes

Been to Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel? Share your experiences!