“The trouble with Chinese food is.......”
Review of Wok 'n Spice - CLOSED

Wok 'n Spice
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my wife four weeks ago just before watching Les Mis at the Kino cinema in Glenrothes.
It had been a couple of years since we had last visited so i was fairly excited about going, unfortunately i was let down badly by pretty mediocore food.
Fried food and thick sauces were plentyfull and the king prawns had shell on which if i recolect from the last visit were de-shelled.
I have just returned from Houston Texas on business and ate at a large Chinese buffet which had 3 times the choice, with better quality meat and seafood and was £7.50 a head.
This restaurant is not cheap at £12 a head.
There is some really good Chinese food around but not round these parts ....Edinburgh is probably the place to go.
Just to finish with the service was very good, attentive but not overpowering.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I frequently visit this restaurant and have never had a bad expirence! I can't understand the bad reviews.

The manager is always very welcoming and recognises us when we go in which is always a nice touch. He hapily chats away as you are paying your bill and he has never been rude to us. All the staff in fact are very polite and helpful!

The food is excellent Plenty of choice. 3 large sections of hot food, a salad bar and a desert section is a very good selection in my opinion. These are constantly filled and rotated too so you can be sure there is no old food sitting around.

This is one of my favourites and I always reccommend to friends and family and will continue to do so. We usually visit once a month, more if we could!

For an all you can eat at this quality the price is not bad.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Normally went to restuarant during the week every week withe kids, decided to ask my brother and his family to go lon a saturday night, very dissapointed the fact we had to pay adult prices for an 11 year old kid and a 12 year old kid, was a bit taken a back when I received the bill. But a bit of advice I won't be back and I will be advising other member of my family etc that they are robbing people by taking adult prices for kids whom eat very little.

Disgusted in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I visited this restaurant as I was a guest at the Travelodge across the road. The food was excellent and the staff and service was very impressive. When a couple left the service girls went straight to the now vacant table to clear up and clean the back of the chairs!

If I was in this area again I would visit.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This was the first time in years that we had went out for Christmas Dinner so we decided to go to our favourite restaurant and we are so glad we did.
When we entered we were greeted by Jon the manager and shown to our table by one of the very pleasant and hardworking girls.
The meal itself, the buffet, catered for all tastes from Chinese to European with every dish whether Turkey , Chicken or Duck, Sushi, Salad or Curry were all well cooked and very tasty.
The service was excellent with the girls doing an wonderful job being very cheery and attentive when bringing drinks or clearing tables.
All in all a very pleasant and relaxing dinner with no dishes to wash up.
Well done to Jon, Isa and all the staff....

1  Thank rbrews