All reviewsfirst classdining roomslunch menuwedding receptionlovely hotelwedding breakfastfamily weddingwaiting staffvisited this hotelchristmas luncha wonderful staydunfermline areafrom start to finishroom was largecouldn't faulttown centretea and coffee
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Retiral Meal - Friday 1st September 2017

Thank you to the team - front of house (reception, bar and waiting staff) and chefs - for making Friday night extremely special for us.

The food was delicious and the special dietary requirements taken into account with equal thought as the 'normal' menu (this is not always the case in other places). Thank you for producing the special menus with the retirees name on it which could be kept as a keepsake by some of us. A big thank you to your serving staff who were good natured, attentive and unobtrusive. I was delighted we could use the little private room Dunsmuir as it provided lovely surroundings which just added to our special evening.

Thank you for helping make a special lady's evening extremely memorable!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Pamela F, Owner at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Good morning PMHenderson

Thank you so much for your lovely comments - You've made our day! So happy to hear you enjoyed the retiral celebrations - it was a pleasure to look after the party. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Stayed at the Garvock for 1 night as attending a wedding all I can say is first class,staff were all brilliant helpful and very attentive.The hotel and grounds were beautiful, food at the wedding breakfast and buffet at night were fantastic high praise to all the chefs and kitchen staff.We stayed in room 2 which was fine cleaning could have been a bit better but no problems(just to hot) that's with the window open, breakfast in the morning again high praise to all staff involved brilliant and beautifully presented highly recommend this hotel would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Pamela F, Owner at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Good morning Littlechef7

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back!!

Reviewed August 26, 2017

We found this hotel while looking for a stop over on the way to Edinburgh. It is a very friendly place, very clean, nothing is a trouble. Room was well equipped and very quiet. Breakfast was very good quality. We were able to get an excellent sandwich having arrived late in the day which was very much appreciated. Only issue that would stop me from booking here again is the lack of cancellation policy. Sometimes plans do change and I like to allow for that. Otherwise I would have no hesitation.

Stayed: August 2017

Good morning FamilyfromElgin

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I'm so glad you found us and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do have 2 rates at the hotel: one refundable which allows cancellations up to 11 am the day prior to arrival and the second non refundable. Perhaps the refundable rate would suit your needs better.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Garvock House in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I've just stayed at the Garvock House Hotel for 2 nights and would certainly return.

It's located fairly close to Knockhill Racing Circuit and made a great base for my weekend. I was planning on eating out but decided to dine in their restaurant. I have to say, this was a decision I didn't regret. The food was incredible, and the steak was the best I've ever had!!!! A M A Z I N G!

The staff were also very attentive and helpful. 10/10 from me!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonathan H
Pamela F, Owner at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Good morning Jonathan

Thank you so much for your lovely comments - what a great start to the day - the team are chuffed to bits! We look forward to welcoming you back next year for the racing.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

Have visited this hotel several times with different friends, always for lunch. Havent been disappointed by the quality of the food on any occasion. Lunch menu has choices for everyone, two courses for around £17 and three courses for around £21. Service is efficient and friendly. We will happily come back to this hotel but a couple of things could be better.
We were a party of six and, although the bread basket portion was okay, the butter portion on the table was not nearly enough for six
people so we had to ask for extra butter...twice. And, the portion of vegetables served with our main course was just about enough (just about!) for three people and, again, we had to ask for more. This isnt the first time that I've noticed that the size/quantity of the vegetable portion served isn't sufficient for the number of people at the table.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Pamela F, Owner at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Good morning Lochnagar

Thank you for your comments. I'm so happy to hear you enjoy dining with us at Garvock House. We're always listening to our very valued guests for ways to improve and your comments have been passed onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.