“Family wedding celebration”

and 1 more site!
Garvock House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I attended a family wedding at this hotel yesterday and from start to finish everything was perfect. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, the food was excellent and everything went without a hitch. They also provided us with a room free of charge for my husband to have a rest as he is terminally ill which was greatly appreciated, and I cannot praise this hotel enough. Well done and thank you very much, will certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret O
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your review, it's much appreciated. We are really glad that the day went well for you.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, and the staff were very helpful indeed. The room was clean and the bed comfy. However I have a couple of points that bring this hotel down. On the bathroom floor, the tiles had come loose from the floor and were so loose they moved and if you stepped on a corner the tile flipped up and could be picked up individually. The toilet flush could not be fully depressed as the sink was in the way. I was woken several times a night by people in the corridors (Doors had a gap under them so anyone coming or going can be easily heard). And lastly when I left at 4am, there was noone at reception so had to leave my key and try and unlock the front door.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HelenBNorway
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hi Helen,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regarding the tile in your bathroom, we have an ongoing programme of renovation in the hotel and this item is being dealt with.

Our apologies for no-one being there when you left. The proprietors stay on the premises and will always aim to be around when a guest leaves early. In this case we thought you were leaving at 5am and apologise for not being there to see you off. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards
Pauline

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I must say everytime we drop in to the Restaurant we are never disappointed The service is superb and attentive .We ordered from the supper menu . The quality of the food is outstanding ,it is lovely to be able to look forward to an evening out and know that the meal will be great. There is an excellent wine list and the house wines are a cut above other hotels in the area.It is definitely a feel good place ....brilliant

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pauline R, Public Relations Manager at Garvock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I booked this hotel for a surprise 50th meal for my mum's birthday on Saturday, and this hotel went above and beyond the call of duty! The staff were so friendly, they did everything they possibly could to make sure the whole event was a total success, including being very accommodating when I had a last minute cancellation. They even personalised our menu!

The food was wonderful, there was not one complaint from anyone - and there were 16 of us! Portions were generous, it was perfectly cooked, and very reasonably priced!

Overall this venue was absolutely perfect and I cannot recommend the Garvock House Hotel enough :)

Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a lovely review - we're glad that you all enjoyed yourselves and hope that you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

First impressions are important. Driving up to the hotel gave me hope that the experience would be a good one - clean driveway, well manicured gardens and good signposting for parking. I was not disappointed. This hotel managed to do everything right from the moment I walked in to the moment I left. Spotlessly clean everywhere, both in public areas and in my room, décor at a very high standard - clearly the owners recognise the importance of regular property maintenance - and an overall ambience that clearly demonstrated the experience that the owners and staff have of running a quality establishment. Dinner with a colleague was a very pleasant experience with excellent food, wine, service and dining room setting. Lunch the next day with a business contact was similarly pleasurable, albeit in the more relaxed setting of the bar. I didn't have cause to leave the hotel during my stay but if I did, I don't imagine that it would be onerous to get into the town centre on foot and I also got the impression that a host of local attractions would have been easily reached by car from the hotel. Can't fault my stay here and will use again when in business in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - we hope that you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We needed a place to stay that was not too far a taxi ride from a restaurant in the centre of Dunfermline, and decided that even though it wasn't cheap we'd try the Garvock House Hotel. We got a reasonable rate for room only (we already had a dinner reservation elsewhere, which was lucky because the restaurant at the hotel was fully booked for Valentines night).
The room was absolutely stunning. It was huge, wonderfully decorated, with a large bathroom and separate walk-in wardrobe.
We had to tuck the curtains in & turn up all the radiators as the room was quite cold initially (it was huge, and had tall ceilings too, so that was understandable).
The bed was ok, and we appreciated the little extras like the coffee/tea facilities in the room etc.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the deluxe room, and whilst we didn't see a standard room to compare it to, the i...