All reviewsfirst classdining roomslunch menuwedding receptionlovely hotelwedding breakfastfamily weddingwaiting staffvisited this hotelchristmas luncha wonderful staydunfermline areafrom start to finishroom was largecouldn't faulttown centretea and coffee
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My daughter arranged her wedding reception there.
The buffet ordered was for a wedding the buffet provided was for a funeral.
Which was probably appropriate as a large painting which had been improperly secured to the wall fell onto the heads of two young children leaving them traumatised.

Room Tip: Use another hotel for a wedding reception.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank John M
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Garvock House whilst up in Scotland visiting relatives. The hotel was very well maintained, the staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. We had a large room with all the facilities you'd require. When I noticed there wasn't any sachets of milk to make a cup of tea, the staff brought me up a fresh jug of milk instead of the UHT ones. We were also booked into the restaurant for dinner and had the best meal of our holiday here. The menu had plenty of choice and the quality of the food was fantastic. Service was brilliant and the breakfast choice the following morning was just as good. Garvock had all the small little touches that make a difference to a hotel stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Salby52
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Garvock is set in it's own gardens and close to the town centre but very quiet. The rooms are large and very well maintained.

The breakfast is excellent with a menu for all tastes. The staff are very efficient, helpful and friendly.

The supper menu is great value and the food is to top quality. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We visited the Garvock House Hotel for a funeral tea, and were very pleasantly surprised. There is great access for disabled guests and TWO disabled toilets on the ground floor - usually unheard of!!
The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are all very pleasant. We will definitely be back there for a bar lunch.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We love to pop over to Garvock house for lunch or dinner. The food is gorgeous and the service is brilliant, the staff are polite and attentive at all times. Whatever you do, DO NOT MISS OUT ON THE STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING!!! Even if you're stuffed from your delicious starter and main course, find somewhere to put it!
I live in the area so for this reason I cannot comment on their rooms...I would stay here if I had an excuse though! It's very popular for weddings so if that's why you're looking at the reviews trust me it's a great option. Also for those visiting Dunfermline and planning to stay here, it's a quick easy walk into town and an even quicker walk to the train station if you want to pop over to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family