“Best Pub in Scotland”

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Pub in Scotland”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this establishment on many occasions and can only say that the friendly STAFF & LOCALS make this pub what it is.
If only the grumpy Auld bugger in the corner would be a bit more courteous this pub could be the best pub in the world!!!!!!

3 Thank iain j

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We made a special trip into dunfermline just to visit this pub. Unfortunately there were no ales on at all. Only the normal lagers. Such a shame. Pub was quite nice though very quiet. The name entices you to visit. Landlord was REALLY rude. Would not recommend. Went elsewhere in Dunfermline and thoroughly enjoyed the night.

5 Thank Oceanbreeze2271976
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“35ml spirits in a place full of spirits”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Spooktacular decor. Situated across from the historic graveyard and abbey, the creepy wee pub is one of the most charming pubs in the town. And the only one that still has 35ml measures. Best juke box in town too!

3 Thank Dunfermlinepubs
Fife, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“I was sworn at repeatedly”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is all you need to know about my visit: I put money in the jukebox, they turned it off half way through. No biggie. I asked for my money back, "we don't know who put what in, so we can't prove anything" I was told. I asked if she was the manager, she pointed to a gent in the corner and told me "no, but why don't you take it up with my dad and see how far you get!"

I spoke to him, I was calm and well mannered throughout - I politely suggested that he could turn off the jukebox a bit earlier to prevent this. Similarly, I suggested it might be good service to refund the money, but instead he loudly told his daughter that I a number of demeaning insults beginning with the letters 'F' 'C' and 'W' in front of the bar.

My friend then challenged him over his behaviour, where he further swore at me.

Visited November 2012
8 Thank MrBahweed
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Any charming features of this place are spoiled by the stench from the toilets!”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Not a bad wee pub, but could be so much better. I was in on a Monday evening and the stench of urine was awful. It was clear the toilets had not been cleaned for some time. Also a bit off puting that the barman acted like serving behind the bar was the last place on earth he wanted to be.

5 Thank Spikestr