“Nice hotel, brilliant staff!”

Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Edinburgh
“Nice hotel, brilliant staff!”
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Stayed at the Pitbauchlie for the first time on a recommendation by a friend while attending a family birthday party and I have to say a big thank you to them as it was one of the best hotels I've been to. We recieved a very warm welcome and were delighted with our room that was nice, bright and clean. On our first night we ate in the restaurant and enjoyed a lovely dinner and were looked after well by very friendly staff. We then had one or two cocktails in the bar, my only complaint is I couldn't try them all! Our family party the next day was a great success thanks to the staff who couldn't have been more attentive. Great hotel, great staff, we will definately be back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
miranda, ca
Reviewed December 12, 2008

I chose this hotel on booking.com
Rates were reasonable and the staff was very nice and helpful. Yeah, I don't understand the negative reviews below, but my experience was very good. The food wasn't always 5 star, but overall edible and tasty. The rooms were somewhat small, but I could care less about that. It was clean and that is all that matters. Good and fast room service too! The outside was lovely, the inside was very nice. I really liked the dining area with the bar as well. Overall a great experience!

• Liked — the friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Prestwick, Scotland
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I stayed in the hotel as i was attending a wedding in the hotel. First impressions of the hotel was that it looked nice if not abit 'tired'. Reception area was nice and receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were adequate but, not what i thought they would be like. For the money i paid i thought they would have been abit nicer. The room was clean enough but dated. The best thing about our stay was the food, the food was lovely and came in big portions so would definately recommend the restaurant.

Stayed May 2008
Glasgow
Reviewed April 6, 2008

Stayed there for a wedding. Decent enough hotel, staff friendly & helpful, breakfast excellent a drink prices reasonable. The only negative was the room which was clean but a bit shabby and in need of refurbishment.

In summary OK for a night or 2.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Well I must say that I cant understand the very negative reviews as we thought it was a lovely hotel. The room was a wee bit on the smallish side but clean and well presented. The meals could not be faulted. Fantastic food both in the evening and for breakfast. Far better value for money that the hotels in Edinburgh. Will be back.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I used to have to stay here quite a lot with work as our office was within 15 minutes walk or so. Having read some of the really bad reviews of this I would have to admit I didnt find it all that bad. Its not a great hotel, and I used to regularly find cobwebs etc in my room, but the bar is OK and food in the restaurant reasonable. Admitedly I probably wouldnt have thought much of the quality against price of the food but I never paid for it so it wasnt a concern to me. To sum up, its ok, but reasonably expensive probably because of business users with not much choice. I would not choose to stay there on leisure.

• Liked — proximity to Pitreavie business park
  • Disliked — Unclean rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Armagh
Reviewed September 2, 2006

This was without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Upon arriving we had to wait 40 minutes to check-in, the toilet in our room did not work, staff were rude (when you could actually find a member of staff to speak with). Upon ordering the advertised room service we were told the chef had left and that we would be able to have a bag of crisps or a buttered roll. We noticed that after we had left the hotel had overcharged us and it took a further 3 months and hours of my wife and myselfs time to get the overcharge refunded. It made Fawlty towers look like five star accomadation.

Stayed July 2006