“A good afternoon but not cheap for what you get”

Bowlplex Dunfermline
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Visited with my partner, my sister, her husband and their 7 year old on a Saturday afternoon. We played two games which cost £48, which I thought was quite expensive since the two games only took us around an hour to play. I think there are usually offers on but there are none available on a Saturday afternoon - which I do understand is probably because it is the busiest time.

We had fun with the bowling although the ramp used by the little one was bent at the end which meant that the ball always went to the left! We had to try and angle it for her as all of the other ones were being used. We also had problems getting her a suitable ball to use as their didn't seem to be enough to go around. We had a few coffees from the cafe and got the little one some chicken and chips which were to a reasonable standard. The only issue there was the length of time we had to wait to be served - there wasn't a queue but we stood at the counter for a good 3-4 minutes before anyone arrived to serve us.

I'll probably go again but will choose a time when there might be an offer on making it a bit cheaper.

There are newer reviews for Bowlplex Dunfermline

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I don't normally whinge on this site, but I give a review as I see it - if it's good we say so. Bowlplex needs help - we booked (thankfully) for Friday afternoon at 1430, and boy was it busy. Two members of staff booking people in did fine, it's the rest of the operation. We've been there three times over the holiday season and on every occasion we've had a long wait at the bar/pool area for a member of staff to serve us. Seriously understaffed. The toilets need a good clean, with the amount of kids using them and running riot round the place (and not washing their hands) it was filthy, but not once did I see a cleaner. The arcade area was a bit run down at least 3 of the machines empty or not working, including the one that gives change! Along with bowling being overpriced I think we will find something else to do with the kids.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The cost of bowling for us was £11.00 pp (for 3 games) which we enjoyed. They do seem to be a bit short staffed with one person flying between the bar and reception. I enjoyed it here and thought the bowling cost and price of drinks was fairly reasonable. It's what you make it, I suppose.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My sons local U13 football team booked the venue for bowling and food this Christmas and what a disaster, the food was late, cold and only half the order was filled. One person cooking - one serving at the bar and one at the door and that was it - the place is a joke my advice is not to waste your money here.
As an update the following weekend another local team booked their party here also and after 45 minutes of hanging around they were told that they could not fill their order do to no staff and left to feed the team at MacDonald's.

2  Thank davie h
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Been here a few times, several times to play pool with friends and a couple of group bookings for bowling.
The staff are friendly enough, the complex clean and of good standard.
Prices for drinks (coke) are bit steep.
Overall though good to chill with friends and definitely a hit for group bookings. Will be back for sure.

2  Thank 25Ali