Tripadvisor

Review of The Elizabethan

The Elizabethan
Ranked #29 of 229 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: British, Pub
Description: The Elizabethan is a public house serving a selection of Common British pub meals including steak pie, scampi, macaroni etc...Enjoy 2 meals for only £8.95 from a selection including the 8oz Rump steak. Meals served from 12pm - 10pm daily.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our local and has been for years, and I must comment on the noticeable improvements in the decor and restaurant area lately. What was once a dated old pub, now has a lovely fresh atmosphere. The food never disappoints and the staff are friendly. Would highly recommend the fish pie, best variety of seafood I've ever seen in a fish pie!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (303)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We have past here for years.
Decided to stop and give it a try.
Service slow , we both choose steak pie
not impressed on plate we had 4 pieces of meat, 7 chips and a teaspoon of peas, the pastry was so thin and flaky you could not get on fork. So we would not recommend and we will just keep passing.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 10, 2019

38 of us had the festive fayre menu today, the staff were extremely efficient, the service was excellent and food superb, well done guys we were all very impressed!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

Food ok service terrible very very slow our table was booked for 12 we eventually got food at 115 2 ladies only and place busy

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2019

we have been here before so was looking forward to my birthday lunch but I really wish we hadn't gone there. The service was slow and shocking and the food was dreadful. My starter a prawn cocktail was dry without very little sauce no lemon. My main meal fish and chips was so greasy that it made me feel sick. I have come home and cleaned my teeth but I can still taste the grease. We will not be going back again and I pray that I don't become ill

Date of visit: November 2019