“Very Good Quality”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Fife, Scotland
“Very Good Quality”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We visited on a Friday evening and the restaurant was quite busy, yet we were still able to choose a table. Welcoming and attentive staff throughout. The interior is bright and warm with a good mix of types of tables and chairs to suit all. Big car park. The Lunch / Evening menu had a good range of dishes, all at a reasonable price for proper home-cooked food. My wife started with the Brie Wedges which she enjoyed. I had the Crispy Coated Mushrooms with garlic mayo, which were very acceptable. We both commented on the salad garnish which had a very tasty dressing. For mains, I had the fillet steak with mushrooms, tomatoes, hand cut chips and a peppercorn sauce. I requested medium rare. I can honestly say the steak was cooked to perfection, and was soon polished off. My wife had set her heart on the duck which was on the full a la carte menu, and after a quick check with the kitchen she was granted her wish. Excellent service and customer relations! She really enjoyed her main course. We both went for the strawberry cheesecake with Divito's famous ice-cream. It was a generous portion, and well presented.
The owner spent time with us to ensure that we were happy with our food - a good touch. The quality and quantity of the dishes could not be faulted and therefore was value for money. We will be back.

Kinross, United Kingdom
“Feel good home cooked food !”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

As a weekly visitor with family and clients I find ScotlandShorty and Barry195 reviews amazing !!!
All of the food is cooked fresh,excellent ingredients and almost faultless in our opinion.
Barry195 obviously went after 7pm on a Saturday the only time when A la Carte is served.....the excellent Black Pudding starter is actually £6.25.......did he complain or comment on the night ??

Do you own or have you tried to run a restaurant ?

We have dined in the best but cannot fault the food or hospitality on offer at The Hideaway......Feel Good Home Cooked Food !

Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
“An unexpected but very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

2 couples looking for an alternative local eatery opted for here. The staff were very welcoming in truth we enjoyed the banter and were relaxed immediately. 4 starters all delish. simple brie for me good sized portion nothing complicated but it was what it said on the tin. Pretty much steaks all round bleu for me and this is a hard one to get bang on! It was perfect. Peppered sauce could have been more spicey for me but an enjoyable dish all round. Those that had deserts fought off the 2 that didnt! White chocolate cheesecake AMAZING. Its not haute cuisine but I have been back since and was equally happy. Its relaxed and we all felt good value. The drinks were reasonable in particular the wine list top price £22 whats not to like?

• Visited June 2014
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Oh dear”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Returned here after a few years and did not enjoy it. Very good service but terrible food. Prices very high but not worth it. Mushroom sauce just tasted of cornflour, pork tough, butternutsquash mash full of hard lumps, overcooked, bony fish and no dressing on salsa or fish. Very disappointed. This is first bad review I have ever had to post. Sadly have to say, will never go back.

5 Thank scotlandshorty2016
Dorset
“‘Well worth finding’”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We attended a small family gathering here in this rural restaurant just outside the town.
We dined in a very comfortable room overlooking countryside.
The restaurant had an expansive European menu. The pricing was very competitive and I could easily have been delighted by any of the starters and main courses selected by the party as thet were served. My choice was the house soup and a chicken and bean casserole with rice – both were first class. The sweets looked just as good.
Service was very good and attentive even though we were in a private room.
Certainly a place worth trying and I would definitely visit again.

• Visited June 2014