“Nice Stay”
Review of King Malcolm Hotel

King Malcolm Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Dunfermline
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Only stayed here 1 night, here are my quick observations. The outside of the hotel looked a little dated, however inside was fine and when I booked in at reception I was told that I had a double room rather than the single that I had booked. This was excellent, the room itself was fine, the double bed was particularly comfortable. The bathroom was adequate the shower which was on mixer taps was easy to operate and worked well. Breakfast was good without being outstanding. The black pudding which came with my English breakfast was very good, not the rubbish you find at some places. The hotel suited my 1 night stay, and the following day when I wanted to pop into Edinburgh the park and ride at Ferrytoll was very near. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for King Malcolm Hotel

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed at the King Malcolm for 3 nights as I was attending a course in Dunfermline. My room was clean, comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast and dinner were included and were very nice. Staff were mostly friendly and helpful, especially on reception and I enjoyed my stay. Wireless connection in my bedroom was good.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just had a night away at King Malcolm Hotel, staff were friendly and accommodating, arrived to find we had a twin room-asked guy at reception if we could change and he gave us an executive room. Clean, room, comfortable bed, bit dated but nice enough. Dined in hotel and had haddock and chips, excellent! really good value, you could hardly get a fish supper at the chippy for £6.25! The staff were all very nice and the buffet breakfast was good, nice relaxed atmosphere, would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Lack of availability due to the golf forced us there.

Receptionist very nice and room ok.

Food and service truly awful. Overpriced school dinners leaps to mind. Breakfast was just the pits. Surly staff who actually told a guest off for wanting 2 rashers of bacon!!!!

The best thing that can happen to thiz hotel is a bulldozer!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lilly P G
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Rooms are a little small and very warm. Building design doesnt help air flow through windows.Quiet location noisewise but good access to town centre or motorway.excellent and helpful staff.Good selection at Breakfast, fruit cereal and cooked on offer.Would recommend for business more than holiday.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am writing to combat the negative comments of the family earlier this year. As part of the family group organising a large gathering of family and friends to follow a late afternoon funeral, we of course did our research on hotels that might be suitable. We were looking for a sit down meal rather than buffet as people were travelling from the all over Scotland and indeed England, easy access to/from the motorway. We were somewhat concerned reading the negative comments but there isn't a lot of choice available for what we needed. Other family members visited the hotel and discussed our requirements, including the reviews, which were quite precis! The manager was welcoming and aware of our concerns. Our needs were accommodated, including how to cook the veg! On the day the staff were very professional - not cheery , but then you wouldn't expect that at a funerial function. We were greeted politely and service was diligent even when there had to be a reorganisation of seating. We had dining for 70, food was satisfactory - all comments favourable - a little slow to get round all tables but I think a good job was done with the number of staff involved and there was no sense of being rushed. Re the staff member who was the cause of the complaint previously - I may be wrong, but I think she was one of our waiting staff and we have no complaint. So, Thank You to the staff for making this difficult time for us much easier and I would have no problem recommending your facilities in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SAH60
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had failed to book anywhere to stay in the area in advance and had to rely on our agency to book. The main part of the hotel is attractive but the bedroom section looks somewhat like a prison block. That said the interior though a bit stark is spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. I ate an evening meal in the hotel, conservatory, and the food was good. Similarly the breakfast was nice with good choice. All of the hotel staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business