“Christmas Day”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dunfermline
“Christmas Day”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a great meal on Christmas Day, highlights included the lamb shank that had been cooked overnight. The staff as always are really attentive. All in all a great day with no dishes to wash up.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank AMOR39

ABERDOUR
“Good, but not as good as reported.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited last night (Saturday) for the first time , and first impressions were good. Nice, busy venue with lounge area for a drink before pre booked table was ready. 15 min wait wasn,t excessive giving a bit of time for people watching.
Upstairs restaurant lively and busy, with 70,s music on stream (actually to our taste) and suited generally middle aged clientele.
Order for starters taken 10 minutes later, but unfortunately had the time to finish one pint of Kingfisher and the next before the starter (a simple mixed platter to share) arrived some thirty minutes later, almost an hour after arriving.
The starter was disappointing; soggy samosas, fat laden pakora , flavourless kebab. The only saving grace was two chunks of lamb kebab meat saved the ravages of the deep fat fryer. I know I ordered a mainly deep fried starter, but in my experience this was not used to best effect.
The main courses of Lamb Jalfrezi for myself and Chicken Biryani for my partner were disappointing.
The Jalfrezi, altough with a good lamb in both quality and quantity, didnt hold the flavour it should, reflecting either minimum or no marinading. It was as if chunks of plain lamb had been dropped into a pot of jalfrezi sauce prior to reheating.The sauce, although nicely spiced and freshly flavoured, didn,t have the nice richness and depth of flavours I,ve had elsewhere.
The biryani was reported to have very little chicken content, little flavour even with the curry sauce, and most of it was left uneaten.
There were good points about this visit; a nice vibrant venue,friendly, generally efficient staff (we,ll put the waiting times down to it being really busy), and good value for money. One criticism of the staff was the gentleman who administered my bill. He certainly had the courtesy (or instuction) to ask how we,d enjoyed our meal, but on my replying that I,d had much better elsewhere failed to show any interest in any further feedback. Disappointing.
Given the feedback from regular customers on the food quality being excellent generally, i was possibly unlucky in my choice of dishes last night, but my gut feeling is not.
I would suggest to these customers that trying a range of restaurants with this cuisine may enhance their experience of different chefs' expressions of this delightful ciusine.

• Visited February 2013
Mount Franklin, Australia
“Evening out”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a lovely meal and were treated at the end of the meal to a complimentary glass of spirits from the owner. Very friendly staff

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Annem0404
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've used Bombay Brasserie a few times now for both take away and sitting in dinning and I cannot fault the service or the food. It is possibly the best Indian Restaurant in Dunfermline! I'm already looking forward to my next meal!! If you are in Dunfermline you must try this restaurant!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank pmack18
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“enjoyed meal with friends”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was at my friends for get together and went to eat out at indians we rally enjoyed the meal. It was my second time at indians and this was much better then the one i tried before.

Keep up a good work.