All reviews hot tub massage chair lbtie lodge lomond lodge self catering relaxing break fresh eggs chicken coop four poster bed lovely lodge rose petals chickens and ducks cant wait fantastic weekend my partners birthday night break living room
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Yet another 1st class visit to Yellowscott been going now for several years but this was 1st time we stayed in a 1 Bed lodge as usual it was a very high standard and the bedroom was huge with the hot tub just off the french doors leading from the bedroom. I am a light sleeper and was a bit worried about this at first but as usual slept like a log as again the matress was so comfy and another huge bed. Thanks again to Lynne and her team for all the behind the scenes work that make this place the little gem it is. I would highly recommend visiting even though it makes it tougher for me to book when I fancy a wee trip over as it is getting busier.

Room Tip: All lodges are of a very high standard and come with private hot tubs
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy R
LCarribine, Manager at Yellowscott Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for another great review, your loyalty means the world to us...see you again soon! ;)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I are just home from a long weekend staying in the Pentland 2 lodge :) the entire weekend from start to finish was brilliant.. The lodge itself was beautiful and of a very high standard!! The hot tub was the finishing touch for us... We will definitely be going back and will most definitely be recommending Yellowscott :)..

• Stayed: April 2013
LCarribine, General Manager at Yellowscott Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for the fantastic review, we look forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Brilliant accommodation, relaxing hot tub. Came here on a recommendation and we definitely pass on the recommendation and come back again. All facilities were top rate and very spacious and well looked after. Both myself and the kids loved the animals and looking for fresh eggs in the morning.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Michelle M

A big thank you for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a fantastic weekend away in these beautiful lodges. We arrived late on the Friday evening, lovely to have Lola the dog awaiting our arrival. In addition to this, brought a smile to my face seeing the friendly chickens run free. Very animal friendly!

The lodge itself was lovely, very modern and spacious - the hot tub was an added bonus!! The bed was comfortable, shower powerful... really cannot fault anything about these lodges.

Our heating stopped working on the Saturday night and after reading all the instructions, we could not manage to get it to work. Quick phone call to the manager who left her evening in the town to come and fix it with a huge smile on her face. Cannot fault the service you are given.

Will definitely be returning. More than happy with the fantastic weekend we experienced.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review, it's really appreciated. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

At Yellowscott so we could visit family in Dunfermline. Absolutely perfect location for this visit. Initial impressions, poor, as central heating had failed and they had supplied room heaters but bizarrely hadn't considered that if we left the property then their key system would shut down the heaters, leaving the property freezing!!!, The managers should have accompanied us to the lodge, and explained things and made sure that when we left the lodge the heaters were left on. had difficulty in contacting anybody to help intially, but this was probably due to mobile phone connections,My husband had to wander around looking for someone to help ..... But couldn't find anyone, Have to be honest ..... initial feelings .... Just wanted to go home. When we read the visitor book, some obvious problems with the heating, time after time ....not sure why this is not being properly addressed??? Luckily, the managers did eventually respond and sort out the heating problems with their own heaters and the lodge was warm thereafter!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LCarribine, Manager at Yellowscott Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us; I'm sorry to hear that on this occasion we didn't meet your expectations.
As I explained when I greeted you on your arrival, the divertor valve in the boiler was faulty, and due to the holiday weekend the engineer was unable to attend. Electric heaters were in the lodge to compensate for the lack of central heating; these were switched on and the lodge warm for your arrival. The lodges are fitted with a key system as a safety feature- had you switched on the power to the lodge on your return in the evening the heating would have come back on, along with the electricity (as would be the case with the boiler) This is explained in the information pack in the lodges.
I would point out that the time between you leaving a message alerting me to a problem to my arrival at your lodge was 4 minutes; the reason your husband couldn't find me on site was because I was in your lodge!
On checking the visitor book, I see there was indeed a problem noted with the boiler in this lodge... in August 2011! However, it is fair to say that despite only being 3 yrs old, and regularly serviced the boilers can be problematic - the after care service from the manufacturer is less than satisfactory and we are currently replacing the boilers in all of our lodges as part of our ongoing commitment to customer care.