“Very relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunfermline
Yellowscott Country Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edinburgh
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I have been here 4 times now so that's shows its good!
We have stayed in 3 different lodges, all of which have been lovely and adequate. There is nothing really to do on site but that's why we love it - you can just relax and recharge.
The beds are all really comfy and the hot tubs are fab! The colder the weather the better!
Lynne has always been lovely and helpful anytime we needed her.
We'll be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LCarribine, Manager at Yellowscott Country Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hi. Thank you for the great review, and of course for your continued support, it's always a pleasure to have you stay. Look forward to seeing you again. :)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Another fantastic stay @ Yellowscott can't recommend these lodges highly enough been going to them now for 3 years and every visit has been great the lodges are kept to a very high standard by Lynne and her team and they really do go above and beyond the normal customer service that we have had at other sites/hotels. The hot tubs are a great addition and we were actually in ours when it was snowing a great experience also going and collecting our eggs for breakfast from the chicken hut now you can't get fresher than that. Can't wait for next visit :o) Wendy McCormack

Room Tip: All lodges are the same excellent standard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi. Thank you for your great review. It's always a pleasure to have you stay with us, see you again soon. :)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We arrived at about 6pm Xmas eve, the lodge took your breath away when we walked in . The extra little touches like the Christmas tree and the window decorations were a lovely touch ( one little niggle however my husband being the romantic that he is ordered champaign and chocolates for our arrival and we didn't receive the chocs ) getting back to the lodge though it was perfect our first time ever away for Christmas and hopefully it won't be our last , everything you needed for a relaxing romantic getaway especially the hot tub can't wait to come back.. Sue&ian from Mansfield Nottingham.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi
Thank you for your review, so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the Christmas 'artwork' !
Apologies for missing the chocolates, Festive turnarounds were particularly manic this year. Put a wee reminder on your booking form for your next visit and i promise to make amends!
glasgow
Reviewed December 29, 2012

So I'm always a completely honest reviewer so here goes.
Booked in August to stay in lomond 3 lodge myself partner and dog. Text a few weeks before to make sure it was o.k for my sister to drive up on Xmas day replied saying yeah fine.
Arrived at 6pm Xmas eve to be told they were full and my cabin was booked by someone else.. Not a great start. Luckily Lynne had another cabin almost ready to be rented out which we could have - cabin was lovely lodge number 10 it will be when opened and I must say it was beautiful ,clean , modern , comfortable. We spent the next two hours on Xmas eve trying to get the hot tub and TV,s working eventually about 8.30 we were done not ideal on Xmas eve but hey at least we had somewhere to stay.
Couldn't use hot tub on Xmas eve but Xmas day it was nice and warm.
Only reason I didn't give full stars is I can't help as a typical worrier that if this cabin wasn't free I would of been hundreds of pounds down on Christmas Eve with no where to go Christmas ruined, also I'm not sure if the other cabins have them but a welcome book with info would of been good we didn't know the wifi password, what the local area was like, takeaways to phone, what to o when checking out- nothing. I'm sure the other cabins may have these though .
Will definitely book again as the place is nice and quiet and very relaxing having been to cabins that are more commercialised before I did prefer these.
Only tip is take your own towels as you only get two large towels for 5 days and when your in and out a hot tub you need more than that.
ENJOY!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lou2003uk
Hi. Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the lodge comfortable and clean.
I can only reiterate how sorry I am for the confusion regarding your booking- We transferred to a new booking system at the end of the summer and manually transferred hundreds of bookings- unfortunately I missed one. I keep a lodge 'in reserve' over the festive season for emergency use as it can be difficult effecting repairs at that time of year, so that there is minimal risk of ever having to disappoint customers by sending them home.
( I would like to extend my thanks to the members of my team who worked outside in the pouring rain until 8.30pm on Christmas Eve to erect a television ariel and set up the hot tub so that your stay in our new lodge was comfortable.)
The lodges do have comprehensive information packs, but I didn't print one off for you at 8.30pm as I thought as returning customers you were familiar with the local area and check out procedures etc. . I believe Wifi password / takeaway numbers were provided by text. Apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused.
We hope to see you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Yellowscott is brilliant for relaxing and chilling out. We have stayed in every lodge including the HUGE one that takes 10 and they are all spotless and cosy with all mod cons. The private hottubs are awesome even on a frosty night - great for stargazing :) and the beds are amazing!! Lynne and her staff do a brilliant job making everyone feel really welcome and are constantly adding more and more features to the park. The most recent addition is Charlie the dalmatian, now the constant buddy of Lola the older pup - as soon as his photo was on facebook we were there - marketing genius lol. More lodges are appearing at Yellowscott- all the more reason to keep going back although we don't need much of an excuse :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weefifi
LCarribine, Manager at Yellowscott Country Park, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for the great review- it's always a pleasure to have you stay with us, Lola loves the attention and I'm sure Charlie wont be far behind her!
The first of the new lodges should be open for booking soon, another excuse to return?!
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the Lomond 5 Lodge for 2 nights and we really enjoyed our stay. The lodge is modern and very clean. We used the hot tub which was lovely, even on a rainy night in November! Would thoroughly recommend these lodges.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole S
A big thank you for your great review, we hope to see you again soon.
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I have been in Lomond 6 Lodge 4 times and we absolutely love the lodge along with our own hot tub. It is the ultimate in relaxing and getting away from it all. The lodge is superbly furbished with everything you need for a romantic retreat. The surrounding area is so peaceful and tranquil. I would recommend to anyone and have done to anyone who listens that it is the best getaway. It is very near to large retail park with loads of eating places and not further on is shopping in Dunfermline.

Room Tip: Any of the lodges are furbished to a very high standard and any one of them would be perfect.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Siobhan M
LCarribine, Manager at Yellowscott Country Park, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our lodges; your continued support and loyalty really does mean the world to us, and is the best reward we can achieve.. looking forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunfermline
CLC Duchally Country Estate
The Chester Residence
#1 of 149 in Edinburgh
Redlands Country Lodge
#1 of 1 in Ladybank

Been to Yellowscott Country Park? Share your experiences!