“Pub Restaurant”

Ranked #61 of 186 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wood Mill Restaurant serves home cooked family fare, simple fresh food with choices for everyone, whether you are a steak lover, a vegetarian or require gluten free we have something for you, in fact we have our own gluten free menu.
Dunfermline, Scotland
“Pub Restaurant”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

local pub Restaurant , good prices and nice staff but the food can be a bit hit and miss in its quality. Not enough of a selection for Veggies either.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank MarieMacrae

“Quiet girly lunch”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is far better now under new management. It's clean for a start!

My friend and I were looking for somewhere to go for a spot of lunch and a chat. The Woodmill was perfect. Very quiet with only a few tables taken. The value menu was super and the half fish & chips was not small at all with the fish and chips being piping hot & crispy.

We sat for 2 1/2 hours and the staff left us to it. We were well looked after dont get me wrong.

Would we go back? Yes!

• Visited June 2013
Edinburgh
“A bit of a mixed bag.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've visited twice for an evening meal, last month and again this week. The restaurant wasn't very busy either time (around 6-7 o'clock) with only about 3 or 4 tables occupied. Hadn't booked and just wandered in and settled at a table.

The menu isn't extensive but there's enough choice along the lines of typical pub grub. A range of special offers available but you need to be a little careful here. Several of the dishes appear on both the standard and cheaper menu but if you order from the cheaper menu the portion is much smaller too, so not so cheap!

The waitress arrived straightaway for the drinks order and the drinks themselves were served quickly. I had soup, steak pie and sweet. The rest of the group had a variety of main courses including fish and chips, salad, macaroni cheese. The soup was excellent. The main courses varied quite a bit. The chips were rather cool and the vegetable portions a bit on the small side but the steak pie was superb and too large a plateful for me! Overall very good for pub standard but not really up to par for a restaurant.

The atmosphere is fairly downbeat. Views of a school, a busy road and a building site about 10 feet from the windows. Not a very cheery or romantic place but more like a dining hall. Staff were very friendly and efficient and we were not hurried at all although the food was served as quickly as you could wish for. We were a party of around 10 people and I had the impression that this stretched the kitchen quite a bit to get all of the meals ready around the same time. Last month as a couple it was rather better.

Overall not special but OK for an occasional meal out.

• Visited April 2013
“Typical pub food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my daughter on a Friday night. The staff were great. The menu not that inspiring. I opted for the fish and chips and my daughter had the hunters chicken. Both mains were much better than the sharing platter we had to start. My pet hate - I hate sauces that are in a packet. We left at 9pm. we were the last 2 in the restaurant. Overall I'd go back if only because I can walk to it. The food was decent.

Visited March 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“First time visit under the latest management”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Party of nine who went in Saturday 5 had the before 6 two had seniors and 2 had if normal menu. We all really enjoyed our meals no complaints at all. Staff friendly, food delicious and very reasonably priced. Would definatly return again soon.