“Typical pub food”

Ranked #64 of 187 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wood Mill Restaurant serves home cooked family fare, simple fresh food with choices for everyone, whether you are a steak lover, a vegetarian or require gluten free we have something for you, in fact we have our own gluten free menu.
“Typical pub food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my daughter on a Friday night. The staff were great. The menu not that inspiring. I opted for the fish and chips and my daughter had the hunters chicken. Both mains were much better than the sharing platter we had to start. My pet hate - I hate sauces that are in a packet. We left at 9pm. we were the last 2 in the restaurant. Overall I'd go back if only because I can walk to it. The food was decent.

Visited March 2013

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“First time visit under the latest management”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Party of nine who went in Saturday 5 had the before 6 two had seniors and 2 had if normal menu. We all really enjoyed our meals no complaints at all. Staff friendly, food delicious and very reasonably priced. Would definatly return again soon.

“mothers day meal”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Been to the Woodmill many times. Always enjoyed my meal. Been the past 4 years for mothers day. I must say, there is a lot of competition for mothers day meals in the area so I was a wee bit disappointed that we were not offered a free glass of bubbly on arrival.

• Visited March 2013
“Different opinions”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a late lunch here today. Interestingly, our opinions differed a great deal on whether we would return......

First impressions, large open plan restaurant. Looks out onto a school.There is a bar at one end and regimented tables at the other. 4 tables taken, so room looked rather empty,

Meet and greet, was fine. We were dealt with quickly, shown to our table, menus handed out. Our drinks order was taken a few minutes later.

Menu, typical pub grub, burgers, steaks, lasagne etc. We were also given the presix menu, that was less extensive, and included a few deals such as 3 courses for £10 or a main for £5.99. Soup and sandwich deals were also on offer. We decided on the haggis fritters and sweet chilli sauce, followed by the steak pie, and ham broth with a cheese and onion sandwich.

Service, again the order was taken very quickly, and food produced promptly. No mistakes were made until the final bill, as the drink bill had not been added on.

Food, this is where our opinions divided. My haggis fritters were deep fried, with the haggis in chip shop batter, the sweet chilli sauce cut through the rich haggis quite well. My steak pie was fine, tender pieces of beef in a thick gravy, but the veg was cold, and the chips seemed like the oven baked variety, I.e very dry and powdery. On the other hand my wife's soup was fantastic, only to be beaten by a soup from the drovers at loch lomond.

Value, great value if you go for the deals. Our bill....ONCE CORRECTED....came to £30, which was good for 1 starter, 2 mains, and 3 drinks.

Overall, just ok for me, I feel I would not want to return, my wife on the other hand would, just for the ham broth.

“Maybe a bad choice”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Used to go here now and again and really liked the chicken pie.
Hadn't been here for a year but went one lunch time.
Ordered a wrap and didnt enjoy it as I felt it was greasy.
Staff were nice and friendly.

• Visited June 2012