“Needs to be bigger!”

Ranked #31 of 200 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Nando's is seen as 'just a chicken place' by a lot of people, but compared to the KFC across the road (which is truly where food goes to die) this is not 'just' a chicken place.

We go regularly, and normally on weekends or Orange Wednesdays so it's always a little busy, and this is my only criticism of the place, because they would really benefit from having a bigger restaurant so people weren't queuing all the time for a table. Saying that, we never wait longer than 20 minutes which is completely reasonable on those busy days.

It's self service which I prefer, it's quick, easy and means you can order immediately if (like us) you are a creature of habit and always order the same! The wait is great for the quality of food, I am extremely picky about chicken and it is always cooked perfectly, and the quality of the meat is second to none in my opinion. Often only about 10-15 mins from ordering and the food is clearly fresh with crisp salads in pitta/burger/wrap/side & piping hot chicken/sides.

Really good value for money, can get 2 meals with 2 sides each & a bottomless drink for about £20.00 total!!

Servers are friendly, attentive and the one time our order was over 30 mins they got us a free dessert each. Decor is spot on, and there is always a good atmosphere because it's always so busy.

Skip the starters, don't skip dessert - their cheesecakes are absolutely outstanding!

Can't recommend it more.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Been here a couple times already and was here again tonight, went with partner and 2 friends. Didn't have to wait long on a table, only a minute. Great atmosphere in this restaurant very laid back and relaxed :) Great variety of flavors to tickle the taste buds and some that set your tongue on fire! Unlimited refills on drinks is great especially after trying some of the hotter sauces! Great place to kick back and have a great meal! Very good value for money, the food has always been spot on every time i've been. If you haven't been before get moving!!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love Nando's, would eat there every night if I could but the service is always pretty bad. I know it's busy but it's 75% self service, it should run like clockwork. Any time I've been in it's not been overly busy yet they seem to struggle, pretty poor show to be honest, bringing down what would otherwise be a 5* review every time.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went here with a friend so that we could have a natter and a nibble. Excellent service, nice and busy for a weeknight (weds) we waited outside for a few minutes for a table but ordered our hot drinks outside so was fine. Very clean and the staff were immaculate. The food that the other clients were ordering looked lovely and the atmosphere was nice and relaxing. Would recommend, going to go back for a meal next time.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Never disappoints! I am a nando's lover and this one is just a good as any, unlimited drink refills, amazing starters (i always have the red pepper dip and pitta which tastes just like bruschetta)... The chicken and sides are always delish! Recommend the coleslaw and mushy minty peas! And so what if its self service, the food is Cooked and bought to you so it's not like its a school dinner tray you walk alon with. I like choosing my own sauces and getting drinks, it makes it nando's :)