“Great cafe and friendly staff!!”
Review of Cafe by the Park - CLOSED

Cafe by the Park
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

First visit to this great cafe today. I must say very impressed!
Staff very friendly and attentive.....food excellent! The chilli beef was so soft and fresh which from my experience is a first! I've eaten in a lot of places in my time and I have to say that was the best beef I have ever tasted. Excellent value for money. The portions we had were more than you get in a normal cafe/reasturant.
Ice cream milk shakes are the best I have ever tasted also. Well done to the owners of this place as from having bad experiences in other cafes not too mention the terrible "Reubens cafe" where everything is microwaved and is out of date or very dry and old, tasteless crap! The cafe by the park is a breath of fresh air!

Would recommend to everybody!

1  Thank Bythebeach_0
There are newer reviews for Cafe by the Park

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had the most lovely lunch here today, so glad we chose there. I had egg mayo baguette which came with salad, coleslaw and crisps and the serving was deliciously filling. We couldn't resist the cakes and opted for carrot cake and banoffee pie both with honeycomb ice cream and washed down with hot chocolate yum! The staff here are brilliant, so friendly and always tending to all customers. Great food, fab prices and lovely staff, looking forward to going back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visit this great Cafe regularly - my husband is coeliac and the owners have always been really helpful in having lots of gluten free choices on their menu, including rolls. At our last visit they now have a separate printed gluten free menu which is great and means you don't need to check what is definitely ok or not. Fabulous service, great food and love the fact that you get offered a taster of the soup of the day on arrival. Then just come out the door of the cafe and head off down The Glen/Pittencrieff Park for a stroll.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Trip to glen was a more warming trip than usual with a stop off at this cafe. Service good, food good and staff friendly. Could do with more tables as it gets busy at lunch time. There are tables outside but it's too cold to use them. The view over the glen is beautiful and well worth a visit just for that

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Wonderful home-made soup and superb home baking, as well as a friendly welcome. Well worth a visit :-)