“Good food, massive portions - check your bill carefully though!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Viceroy

The Viceroy
Ranked #33 of 180 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Middle Eastern, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good food, massive portions - check your bill carefully though!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The first time I ate here was with a big group of colleagues for our Christmas night out. The special set menu deals were brilliant value, especially given the quality of food and big portion sizes. Everyone really enjoyed their meal, with even simple things such as the naan bread and chicken pakora being really tasty. The only issue was, when we went to pay the bill, they tried to overcharge us by £60. We had to ask several times for an itemized bill and when it came most of the drinks had been added twice, I.e two vodkas instead of one, 6 bottles of wine instead of three. Had we not made such a fuss for an itemized bill, they would have quite happily charged us the much higher, incorrect amount. An honest mistake? One might assume so but on the 2nd visit with my partner and family the same thing happened.

On my 2nd visit, as before the food was lovely, and the waiter polite, friendly and attentive. We all greatly enjoyed our food, everything was very tasty, made with decent ingredients and well-cooked.
However, when the bill arrived we were charged for four starters and three pints, when in fact we'd ordered and consumed three starters and two pints.

Now, I am not for a moment suggesting they are dishonest or deliberately overcharging people. It may simply be that they don't cope too well when it's very busy and make silly mistakes. Or it may be that whoever has processed the bill isn't quite up to standard. Nonetheless, as I am definitely not their only customer, I'm rather sceptical and don't believe both billing issues were unfortunate coincidences that only I have experienced.

Because the food is so good, I would definitely recommend eating here, but would also suggest checking your bill closely.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good food - worth the wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with a large table last weekend and enjoyed good food. The restaurant was very busy and we had to wait an hour before any food (other than popadoms) were placed on the table.. There seemed to be a focus on carry out orders over restaurant tables and at one point we couldn't see any food on any table in the restaurant - luckily we weren't in a hurry!

The food was fantastic when it arrived and we will definitely return but I'd hope the chefs will focus on restaurant customers waiting time.

“excellent friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We visit this restaurant at least twice a month with our two boys for an evening meal. The service is prompt and staff friendly. We order pretty much the same food all the time which is egyption kebab and korma or tikka and the food is always of an excellent standard. We never book and are always welcome. The restaurant has undergone a recent return and is very clean and tidy. Well worth a visit when u are in the area

Visited February 2014
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great value for good buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Good choice of dishes, plenty of starters, mains and desserts to choose from - all excellent. Good, prompt and friendly service

Visited July 2013
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Went with my family for my brothers birthday, we had the buffet and it was lovely, everyone agreed. Staff were on hand whenever we needed drinks, they were helpful & friendly. Will be back :)