“Poor service, poor food quality”

The Viceroy Fine Dining
Ranked #45 of 189 Restaurants in Dunfermline
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Disappointed. Meat overly cooked. Poor ratio of meat to sauce. Prawns were rubbery. Chicken starter was overcooked and dry. The service was incredibly slow and not attentive leading to frustration. There was plenty of staff available to offer a potentially good service - however, they lacked the basic principles of customer care, eye contact for a start. I’ve had good meals here in the past but after the poor dining experience on this occasion I shall not return.

1  Thank MyrianLazo
There are newer reviews for The Viceroy Fine Dining

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I hadn't been to Viceroy for a few years and i won't be back. The service was probably the poorest i've encountered. It started well, got starters fairly quick and they were tasty. A bit of a wait for the mains and we were all disappointed. The nan breads were by far the best part, all the curry's lacked flavour. We decided we would have ice cream but waited and waited, they seem to have a lot of staff but aren't customer focused. Eventually we managed to grab a waiter's attention and ordered coffee, we had by that time got fed up and decided against ordering dessert. The waiter spent 5 minutes speaking with other staff before going to the bar with our coffee order. I've had far better quality curries from takeaways. If your looking for a curry in Dunfermline there are far better options. The service pushed this down from poor to terrible.

2  Thank Gary H
Omar C, Manager at The Viceroy Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hi Gary,

Firstly I'd like to apologise for your poor service service during your visit, I can offer no excuse for that. We have recently recruited a few new members of staff, who maybe on this occasion, have not performed their duties as they should. I assure you that level of service is not the norm!

With regards to the food, or the lack of flavour in every curry you ordered, I am rather perplexed by that one. Since taking over, I have had nothing but positive feedback with regards to the food, I have yet to hear a customer complain the standard of food has dropped. If it was not to your satisfaction I can only apologise and hope we can appease you in future.

If there's anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me,

Regards,
Omar.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Being a curry lover I find it sometimes hard to get a good curry. The buffet here was really good with a good choice of starters and meat and veg mains. The waiters and staff were really attentive all through the meal.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a lovely place where the staff are really friendly and accommodating. My wife is veggie and she's really fed up with Veggie curries that only contain potatoes and peas, so she asked if they could put in a variety, and they were really helpful and understanding. My chicken dish was spicy, tasty and the portion sizes are generous too. The nan bread was more like a duvet it was so big. Will definitely be back.

Hello ethoscon,

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! We have a variety of vegetarian dishes and we continually try to improve and diversify our range - thanks for noticing! If there's anything else you'd like to try, or experiment with, let us know. :)

Hope to see you again soon,
Omar.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a good meal at the viceroy
We are normally takeaway customers but enjoyed a nice meal
Hot tasty and fresh

The service was a bit slow however the foo made up for it......

Will be back