“Fantastic meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cook's Bar and Kitchen

Cook's Bar and Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Cook's Bar and Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Grangemouth
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home to award winning chefs, Cook's Bar & Kitchen in Grangemouth showcases excellent contemporary British cuisine with an international twist. Boasting a wealth of locally sourced ingredients, Cook's serves regional specialties like supreme of chicken, haggis croquette, fondant potato & creamed neeps. Set within a 19th century coach house, Cook's is perfected by its rustic stone floor and chic bar area.
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great meal - really good menu to choose from - even the two course menu was good.
All in all good food, great service and friendly staff. Could not have asked for more actually.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Not as good as my last visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Went back to cooks for a fourth visit with my son,place was quiet but you would expect this for the time of the year,got to say a bit dissappointed.with this visit,the bill for two people £55.felt that the atmosphere was a bit lifeless,the food to be honest was not that good,and also the beer we ordered was not up to much,I will go back to cooks because of past good experiences.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh
“Fantastic, definitely be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

What a brilliant night we had at Cooks in December for a family birthday. It was my first time there and could not fault anything, there were 14 of us (incl one gluten free) and we were all catered for fantastically, the staff were very attentive and the gluten free was not an issue at all and the kitchen were happy to modify dishes to suit if required.

We went in a few days beforehand and chose the wine and organised numbers/tables etc and on the night everything went perfectly! A special thanks must go to Kellie who helped us before and on the night, what a star, nothing was any trouble at all!

We will definitely be back and I've already been recommending to others. Lovely to find such a nice place so locally.

Limassol, Cyprus
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good selection on the menu. Well prepared and presented food. The wine is a bit pricey and the decor somewhat beige but apart from that excellent. Oh, and the waitresses were very friendly and efficient.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked a table for 10 adults and on arrival found that the table was actually 2 tables of 4 pushed together - which would sit 6 comfortably or 8 at a squeeze. On raising my concern the server seemed to think it would be okay for 10 adults to somehow fit around said it was all they had and made light of it. As there was clearly no other tables available and with such a large party it would be almost impossible at such short notice to find an alternative so I felt we had no option but to go ahead and make the best of it. However, it was no surprise that it was an awful experience. When the bill arrived at the end of the meal I raised the issue again with the waitress who said the supervisor had gone home and she couldn't do anything about it. When I made it clear I thought it was a poor experience and not worth the £250 bill she had just presented she reluctanty offered to call the supervisor. After about 10 minutes she asked me to come over to the bar and explained they would offer a 10% discount which I accepted. However, she took the opportunity to tell me she thought it unfair I complained to her as it wasn't her fault.

In terms of the food it was average at best and certainly not worth the prices charged and at no point after our initial order during our service were we offered drinks - overall very disappointing.

1 Thank Martin A