“Lovely wedding but we were melting in the heat”
Review of Grange Manor

Grange Manor
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grangemouth
Central Scotland
“Lovely wedding but we were melting in the heat”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were here at a wedding on one of the hottest days of the year, there was no ventilation and the only window was closed with the sun streaming through it. I know that the weather was uncharacteristically hot in July but the forecasts were for once running true so the hotel could have either brought in aircon units or at least had some fans circulating the air to make it feel cooler.
I felt if there had been about 10 fewer guests the staff would have more room to move round the tables. The food was great, drinks are way too expensive for the venue but all in all it was a lovely day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor.

Yes it was uncharacteristically hot for Scotland. The air extractor was on however I think it struggled on that particular day.

With regards to drinks I regularly carry out competitor analysis and our prices are on par with other 4 star properties in the area.

I am glad to read that you had a lovely day and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lindsey Randall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice but the rooms in the new part at the rear of the property could do with a make over. We arrived at the hotel and the receptionists weren't happy something was going on between them? We were asked straight away for the debit card with which we had booked online with. This debit card had been used to also pay a huge sum in a payment for our new car which we had just bought (a new BMW touring estate) so when I hadn't transferred some more money across it was refused. The receptionist saw it had been declined and then plonked the card machine in my face to see, we then used my partners card to pay for the room and later I transferred some more money across into my account. The room was large and bathroom the lift to the first floor was very slow. The breakfast was nice the next morning but small I heard a big chap asking for some more on his plate which they did sort out for him. The staff there were friendly in the restaurant though. The ultimate was when I chased the cockroach around the bathroom after nearly chocking on my tooth brush !!! I managed to catch it with a lot of screaming and put a glass over the top of it .... Interesting moment !!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mandyhall1966
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your review on trip advisor.

When you said to reception on check out about the 'cockroach' I was immediately called and went up to the room with the Head Housekeeper. I can assure you 100% that it was not a cockroach but in fact a cricket.

I will certainly speak to reception in regards to check in. I can assure you that this is not the normal standard we strive for in our daily routines and is certainly not what we are all trained for.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Katowice, Slaskie, Poland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at Grange Manor few days ago for two nights during business trip to Grangemouth. Place is very good solution for these looking for good quality hotel near Grangemouth. Place was clean and tidy, rooms are spacious and have all necessary equipment as well as free Wi-Fi. Good quality bed and view for very nice garden is a plus too.

Hotel reception is very helpful and have good approach to customers. Breakfast included was fine and very tasty, however full English breakfast would not be called "full" by me as there was no baked bean and has had only one egg as well as one sausage and bacon - I recognize full in different way.

Generally very good place to stay, professional staff and very good atmosphere. Also The Cooks restaurant is on the corner serving very good quality meals just minute away to your room.

Good luck Grange Manor - I will definitely call again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Grange Manor Hotel on trip advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will stay with us again.

WIth our motorway links to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling we are ideally located for business travellers.

On your next visit please ask for an an extra egg, sausage and bacon and of course beans and the chef will be more than happy to do this for you.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Ellesmere Port, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fantastic food at a good price nice friendly staff good service will definitely use again attached bar and restuarant excellent small grounds but very well kept rooms nice and spacious and well equipped for travellers .Ironing board and trouser press ,television ,kettle and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Take some earplugs as close to motorway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review on trip advisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Stamford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Single traveller had double room plenty of space. I had a room in the garden wing found no WiFi signal and failed to hook-up but did have connection in bar area. Breakfast really good and staff fantastic. Checked in late and very welcoming.

Room Tip: Single traveller had double room plenty of space, in garden wing no WiFi hook-up but did have connec...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms spacious.

If you could email me your room number I will look into the issue with your WIFI. It may just be the router for that room needs reset. My email address is gm@grangemanor.co.uk.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Huntingdon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed in August for a wedding, hotel looks really nice, well cared for gardens, staff could not have been more helpful. Food was nice quality, very hot and did not wait long despite being cooked to order. Noticed bar staff cleaning walls around bar, good to see! Stayed in executive suite, very spacious, stunning bathroom, impeccably clean, very comfortable bed. Breakfast again cooked to order, tasted great, wide selection, staff friendly and informative. If the need arose I would stay again however Grangemouth is not a holiday location so chances are slim, if your going to a wedding, I highly recommend spending the night or if in the area on business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review on trip advisor.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome back to the hotel in the future it would be lovely to see you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the better reviews or the hotel website. It certainly does not have the "look and feel of a country house hotel" and despite our best efforts the "landscaped grounds" could not be found. The hotel is just off the motorway on the edge of a very large industrial centre (including a major petrochemical plant) overlooking the ASDA warehouse facility. It is an understatement to say that we had a sinking feeling on entering the car park. It is nothing more than a motorway motel (catering for late arriving bus tours) and a cheap wedding reception venue. While it may do this well, it ought not pretend to be anything more. We had two rooms for £165 each in the "Garden Wing"; one overlooking a large gravel car park, the other facing the noisy motorway. The building is a poorly maintained, cheaply fitted, brown box; not a country manor. After battling tour bus passengers arriving well after midnight, a boisterous wedding reception and incessant motorway traffic noise, we decided not to linger next morning. Not the quiet and restful country Scottish escape that we had imagined!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Stefan J
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on the high level of service that we provide and can assure you we are by no means a 'cheap wedding venue'. We are AA and Visit Scotland 4 star hotel and we take pride in being one of the finest wedding venues in the central belt.

Over the month of August we did have a few coach tours stay with us that were in Scotland to go to the Military Tattoo hence late arriving.

Last year we underwent a massive refurbishment and I am sorry to hear the decor was not to your taste.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@grangemanor.co.uk.

Lindsey Randall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel
Best Western Park Hotel

Been to Grange Manor? Share your experiences!