“Great hotel, wrong location!”
Review of Grange Manor

Grange Manor
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grangemouth
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you have to stay in Grangemouth, this is a great place
Lovely hotel that deserves to in a better location! If you are coming to Scotland as a tourist you might not choose industrial Grangemouth as your destination. However, if you put this to one side, this is a lovely hotel. Very friendly service, traditional but comfortable styling. Rooms were large and comfortable. The bed was good and the shower worked well. There was good service and good choice at breakfast. There is a separate bar and grill restaurant attached to the hotel but run independently, and we had a very pleasant meal there. There were a few little niggles – the sound on the TV was faulty – but nothing that would stop me recommending this hotel for people who need to stay in this area.

Room Tip: We were in the garden annex and our rooms were fine. No point in asking for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jude064
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. If you could email me your room number to gm@grangemanor.co.uk I will ensure that maintenance has a look at the television.

The hotel is ideally located right in the centre of Stirling, Glasgow and Edinburgh therefore ideal for business travellers and leisure guests wishing to explore the central belt so please keep us in mind for a leisure break also. The new Helix opens up just behind us next year and will be a fabulous tourist attraction.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Grange Manor

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent Hotel and Wedding Venue-Had my Daughters wedding Reception there on June 8th
Everything went to plan even the weather was brilliant on the day where we had some lovely wedding pictures taken in the gardens of the hotel.
The staff were all helpful and friendly which made the day run smoothly and special thanks goes to Lindsey who made this all happen.
A number of guests had an overnight stay to which everyone complemented about the comfort and size of the Rooms along with a cooked breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing us to host your daughter's and new son in law's special day.
Please pop in and see us anytime as it would be lovely to see you all.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just spent a few hours at the Grange Manor having afternoon tea with my daughter.
This was excellent value and good selection of goodies.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Lovely way to spend a wet afternoon
Margaret Russell
Cumbernauld

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent afternoon tea here at the hotel.
My Head Chef, Bobby Davidson, bakes all the cakes fresh each morning. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all the chef and waiting staff and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Found this hotel on late rooms website and what a little gem this was. A lovely hotel, the receptionist was very friendly and helpful, even took the time to print off directions to Cowie for us as we were attending a funeral there the next day. The room was a very good size with ample room to move about, very comfortable and relaxing as it was very peaceful and quite even though it was near the motorway, but this was a bonus as it meant it was very easy to get too. Breakfast was excellent and the lady who served us was very pleasant and helpful. Aware of some of the negative comments on this website everything we experienced was a positive and I would recommend staying her to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a positive review on trip advisor. I am pleased to here that you found the staff very helpful and would recommend the hotel to others. I am very proud of the service and standards here at the hotel and the team work very hard to deliver these and always enjoy receiving recognition on trip advisor.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future...hopefully for a happier event.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Once again we stayed at the Grange Manor Hotel whilst visiting Falkirk Stadium for a concert, this time it was the Status Quo / 10cc Concert.This time we brought friends had a nice meal and spent some time sampling the bar...as you do!
The concert was excellent, although I must say 10cc impressed me most, by a long chalk! anyway the hotel was good, at dinner the food was excellent,the rooms were clean , the staff were friendly and all in all its a really nice place to spend an overnight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel next time there is another concert on at the stadium.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

You've guessed what we are here for.
Arrived 22nd June, had also booked a room for my 2 lovely or is that lively cousins. We flew up and we all meet there, a bit early for normal check in, but that was no problem.
We had rooms 3 & 4, these are the ones to have.
Very nice rooms with all that you would need.
The restaurant across the car park very nice food and good staff.
Breakfast good if slightly tight with the portions but thats not a major issue.
There was a wedding on the Saturday night but sound wise did not seem a problem.
I would agree bar service a bit slap dash,,,a little hint if there are 3 of you chatting and there is someone at the other end, he possibly needs serving. Try to serve in order, after all the bar was not that busy.
On the Sunday night after returning from our gig we went to the bar, my beer smelt awful, i told the chap who served us and he said yes we have had problems, no refund !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i could not be bothered to argue.
These bar problems were a shame as everything else was fantastic.
When booking i asked how far to the music venue and was told 10 minutes walk, spot on.
Nearly forgot good parking facilities.
Checked out Sunday 23rd, didn't ask for a beer refund .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review on trip advisor.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the issue with your lager. The unusually hot Scottish weather affected our cooler but this has now been sorted. When you next stay with us please let me know and I will arrange a complimentary drink as an apology.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future...maybe next time there is a concert in the stadium.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Attended a Wedding and whilst the hotel was very clean and staff were very helpful, the bar service was very poor this was nothing to do with the staff rather the lack of staff on duty and as for the meal unfortunately it was a disgrace, flung together onto a plate under cooked veg ,potatoes with black bits all through them and meat flung in middle of plate with a piece of puff pastry stuck on top and not a lot of it, considering the money that must have been spent by the lovely couple for this meal, the owners should be ashamed of themselves for serving such a poor meal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Scott H
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

Our primary aim here at the Grange Manor Hotel is to achieve and exceed our guest’s expectations and I am very sorry that we appear to have failed on this occasion.

We always receive very good feedback on the wedding meals and I am sorry to hear that you left disappointed. One of the things that sets the Grange Manor apart is our dedication to serving only the highest quality food, using the finest seasonal ingredients and sourcing the best produce available to us.

We place a great deal of importance on the provenance and traceability of our food, and on using the finest and freshest ingredients in our hotel. We source our meats from highly reputable suppliers, such as our 21-day aged cuts of beef directly from Scotbeef and we continue to work closely with our suppliers to ensure you may continue to enjoy peace of mind and a consistently excellent dining experience with us.

I will certainly pass on your comments regarding the food to the Head Chef for him to investigate further.

I would like to investigate the shortage of staff on the bar and would appreciate if you could email me the date you attended the wedding. My email address is gm@grangemanor.co.uk.

Thank you once again for your comments, such feedback is a valuable way for us to monitor our operation and make improvements where necessary.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lindsey Randall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Best Western Park Hotel
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel

Been to Grange Manor? Share your experiences!