“Very Disappointing Experience - Would Not Recommend” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grange Manor

Grange Manor
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grangemouth
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing Experience - Would Not Recommend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked afternoon tea as a treat for my mother-in-law and two aunts and was very disappointed in comparison to other venues that I have had afternoon tea at. I had to order another 4 rounds of sandwiches at an additional cost of £2.95 per round as there just wasn't enough on the plate. I described the scones as similar to what you would buy from Lidl and I think we were right. I took my family to Dobbie's for a coffee and cake afterwards, we had a fresh cream scone that was larger than a breakfast roll, I think this is what you should expect at "afternoon tea", something to really impress and home made. I wrote to the hotel manager, detailing my disappointment, not even so much as a phone call to discuss it........ I won't recommend it and have already spread the word amongst friends and colleagues, go elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.
I am dissappointed to read that you did not enjoy your visit. Please accept my sincere apologises that I have not contacted you but I have not received your letter/email. I reply to all feed back good and bad asI really appreciate when people take the time to give feedback as it helps me to make improvements if necessary.
Can I please ask you to call me on 01324 474836 to discuss your feedback. Alternatively please email me your contact number to gm@grangemanor.co.uk and I will call you.
Once again please accept my sincere apologises.
Lindsey Randall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Kelso, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a 60th Birthday dinner for my husband on 12/04/13 at the Grange Manor and they really did us proud. The function room was beautifully laid out and the food was delicious - all our guests said so. Service at the meal and in the bar was friendly and efficient. We stayed over and had a lovely room in the annexe which was very quiet. Breakfast was plentiful and high quality. All the staff we encountered from booking to checking out were superb - prompt replies to emails and phone calls, and on the night a friendly welcome from all staff. I would certainly recommend this hotel as a venue for any special occasion and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We had a room in the annexe and it was very quiet. No traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrangeManorGM, General Manager at Grange Manor, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review of the Grange Manor Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst celebrating your husband's 60th birthday and found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. I will make sure your kind comments are passed over to the team.

We hope to welcome you both back to the hotel in the near future.

Storrington, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Today I took my mother for afternoon tea at The Grange Manor Hotel and we could not have been more impressed by their service. They were very helpful and friendly and the food was delicious.

This afternoon tea was booked as respite from viewing potential wedding venues and I am pleased to say that the staff have made such an impression that I have now booked an appointment to discuss the option of having my wedding at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving a positive review on trip advisor.

The Head Chef is very proud of the food that we serve here at the Grange Manor Hotel.

I trust that Leanne, our Wedding and Events Coordinator, will look after you well in your enquiry regarding holding your wedding here. Leanne is very good at tailor making packages to suit each individual couple and making your special day unique to you. The secret of our success is that we cater for only one wedding a day as we believe that your day should be exactly that - your very own special day.

I loko forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Attended with husband for champagne afternoon tea which was just lovely on 22.2.13. Small sandwiches, sweet breads, scones with clotted cream and a selection of jams and cakes. 2 glasses of champagne which was surprisingly tasteful. We also stayed over and had an extremely spacious room with a large sitting area and lovely furnishings. Dinner was delicious, again with speedy service. Breakfast equally good. We would return here for an overnight stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review of the hotel on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us & found the room spaciousand nicely furnished.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Stirling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband got married here on Saturday, we had such a wonderful day and the hotel couldnt have been better from the very first time we went in there until we checked out after the wedding. Service was great, food was fabulous and hotel is just lovely. Thanks for helping to make our day so special!!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us be part of your special day.

Please stay in touch and pop in and see us anytime.

Hopefully see you back for an overnight stay for your 1st anniversary!

Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My son and his fiancé chose the Grange Manor as the venue for their wedding and as a large part of the family were staying overnight on the previous night we arranged a meal and drinks for the evening for our party. Throughout our 2 day stay the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful.

The meals and the organisation of the wedding were superb and everyone left saying it was one of the best weekends ever. A large part of that is due to the staff at this excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments.

I am glad you enjoyed spending such a special occasion at the hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I have passed your kind comments over to our team. They all work so hard and really appreciate when people take time to acknowledge this on trip advisor.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to a champagne tea at the Grange Manor using a groupon voucher and were very pleased with both the accommodation and the lunch. Unfortunately, the weather was awful - very cold and windy and it was a little off-putting having to walk from the Garden Wing to the hotel in the bitterly cold wind. We booked a table at Cooks Restaurant adjacent to the hotel and could not fault the meal at all. (If a family are staying at the hotel, there is a McDonalds just a few hundred yards away at the large roundabout). Our room was spotless and very comfortable and had one of the best beds I have ever slept in + the pillows were so soft! There is not much to do in the vicinity of the hotel and we went into Falkirk for a few hours, but as I said, it was so cold we just came back to our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking your time to review the hotel on trip advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. The local area is lovely with so much todo and see. Hopefully you will return again when the weather gets warmer and enjoy one of the lovely canal walks.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lindsey Randall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grangemouth
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel
Premier Inn Falkirk Central Hotel

Been to Grange Manor? Share your experiences!