“Very enjoyable”
Review of The Wheelhouse

The Wheelhouse
Ranked #10 of 178 Restaurants in Falkirk
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had a lovely experience at the Wheelhouse recently. A large party 9 of us for dinner.
Food was delicious , everyone had something different , no complaints offered from anyone .
Staff were very attentive , without hovering over you
I will return soon

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Family lunch on a mid week day, not busy, sat inside due to weather. Service a bit slow given not busy, table not wiped as well as could have been. Food was okay when it arrived, lacked something in taste, not just seasoning. Compared with a previous visit, place/staff/food gave a tired feeling. Shame as good location with view of the Falkirk Wheel. Don't think I'll be rushing back.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Been here a few times and tried a range of meals from the menu which all have been tasty and filling. It's not the cheapest place around and its a bit out of the way but there are plenty of tables with modern decor. This is very nice place for couples and families but I wouldn't say it is suited to young children.

My only criticism would be that the menu could do with change a bit more often but other than that I can't really complain.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My fiancé and I had dinner here this week and we were very disappointed.
The restaurant itself looks lovely and the staff were very friendly. However, the food was very disappointing. My bruschetta was the worst I have ever eaten - very tasteless and cold. Our mains were hardly touched as again they were very bland. We both had different burgers. The presentation was lovely and I must say my sweet potato fries were great but everything else was not nice at all. The onion rings were completely tasteless, as was the coleslaw and burger. I'm sure these would all have been ok if seasoned whilst cooking.
This restaurant could be improved if they concentrated more on the flavour of the food instead of presentation.
Also, I had a large glass of wine and it certainly tasted "watered down".
I don't think we will be back.

1  Thank memz88
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Our first visit in a while tonight. I was please with the quality of the meals, particularly the children's fish fingers which were strips of fresh fish cooked in the same batter as the adults fish and served with some garden peas. Too many restaurant serve children frozen food with no vegetables.

I'd the pulled pork sandwich which was very tasty but I would recommend they look at using a better quality bun. The cheeseboard was nice and more than enough for two as advertised.

Note: Some of the main courses are available in smaller portions.

The restaurant was busy (not full) and a bit noisy while we were there so would benefit from a few partitions to dull some of the noise. Price wise I'd say the mains are a little more expensive than equivalent restaurants in the area.

If you're in the area visiting the Falkirk Wheel then it's very close by and worth a visit.

Some people may like to know that the Wheelhouse accepts Tesco's Clubcard vouchers.