“Fab!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hot Flame World Banquet Falkirk - CLOSED

Hot Flame World Banquet Falkirk
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Hot Flame World Banquet. The first ever multi cuisine banquet restaurant in central Scotland where innovation and excellence go hand in hand. Award winning chefs create a culinary experience to die for.Pamper and indulge yourself to a world class multi cuisine buffet and live cook, including Indian, Mediterranean, Italian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Mexican, continental and not forgetting the ever popular 'Sunday Roast'.Treat yourself to an endless and unlimited variety of the most popular international dishes with outstanding service and exceptional decor for a capped price. Join us with friends, family or colleagues and endeavour a whole new world of international culinary experience.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fab!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and with different people and everyone has loved it! The staff are very polite friendly and helpful. There are a few things I would say tho - On two trips to Ricky D's I have had my 18month nephew with me the 1st time I was charged 1.50 for him and the 2nd time I was charged 5.99. We were told the first trip it would be at their discression how much he would be charged which was fair enough and expected the same the second time. There was no way that he ate the same as what a 10yr old would eat. The other thing would be the price of soft drinks is quite high. The food is excellent and there is something for everyone and at dinner time there is a live chef so if there is something not on the buffet you fancy he is there. I would recommend this to anyone who cant make a choice on what to have for lunch/dinner!

Ricky D, General Manager at Hot Flame World Banquet Falkirk, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Jimmy

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our restaurant. I am so delighted that you enjoy yourselves here. With regards to the pricing for youngsters, we do charge different lower scale prices ie: quarter price etc but sometimes as we have a lot of traffic coming through the restaurant, we can not always watch how much each under 10 eats. However we do rely on the parents or guardians telling us beforehand how old the child is or if they will be eat and we make an adjustment with that. I hope this clears this up a little. For a child as young as yours, we wouold only normally charge what you had the first time, but please let us know as you come in and I gaurantee a price of under the £2 mark (until the little one starts to stretch up lol).

Thank you once again for the lovely review. If there is anything we can do for you for any future bookings please contact us and we will be happy to help.

Warm Regards

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Recommended it and loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ricky Ds was recommended to me by someone and so we tried it on a saturday evening . The food was excellent, but beware, if you don't book in advance they do limit the time you can spend there, as there are others booked in after. The food is fantastic though, with different foods from different cultures you are spoiled for choice. I had food from India, Thailand, Italy and Mexico on the same plate :-) I would definitely recommend Ricky Ds and I will be going back soon, this time with a booking.

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving such great comments for us. We do get extremely busy at times and to cope with demand we do send out constant forecasts of information regarding our restaurant on facebook so people can judge a suitable time to dine. We do understand that some customers are not on facebook and have not added us as a friend so the do not see this info. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. If there is anything we can do for you for any future bookings. please contact us anytime.

Regards
Kirkcaldy, Scotland
“Amazing Sunday feast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have been here a few times now but I have to say Sunday dinner was the best. We booked for nine of us plus the baby. The staff were really helpful when they took us to our table they organised a high chair for the baby straight away. The food was incredible and the roast carvery was sublime . There was even more choice than before if that's possible. The desserts looked so lovely it was almost a shame to cut into them. It was busy but I think it added to the atmosphere We have always stayed at home for Sunday dinners but this is definitely going to become our new tradition. We all had a fab time and no shopping or washing up and for once there was no arguments about who cooks !!!! Worth every penny and superb value .

Dear Mr Smalling

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of Ricky D's World Buffet. I do remember having a chat with you and your lovely family when you were in that day. We are so delighted to hear your comments and I will pass your words around our staff who will be patting themselves on the back afterwards.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you all very soon.

Kindest Regards
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worse than school dinners!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Poor choice. Food not warm enough never mind hot. Unseasoned and bland. I've been twice now and on neither occasion I've enjoyed it. Great idea. There are a few "world "buffet" type places around the area but their food is much better. Why people have to stuff food into their mouths whilst still piling more onto their plates as they go round the buffet is pretty off putting.

After reading this review and conducting some indepth research, we firmly believe that this review has been put together by a competitor. It did otherwise beforehand confirm our suspicion when the 'Reviewer' had mentioned they had been here twice before whilst making the following comment :

"Why people have to stuff food into their mouths whilst still piling more onto their plates as they go round the buffet is pretty off putting."

Why would somebody come along, let alone twice before, to a concept that they find off putting?
The 'Reviewer' also states that there are a 'few World Buffets around the area'. There certainly is not in this area. We find this review to be extremely degrading, false and confusing to the readers of our reviews.

Warm Regards
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Ricky Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I were here on Sat 15/03/14 for the first time and like the previous reviewer will not be back. The layout of the buffet was shambolic with starters laid out all over the place instead of being in one area. This meant that you were reaching through people who were picking their main course and having to search all over for starters. The chicken pakora was cut in strips so thin that they were very dry and overcooked. The veg pakora were the size of small brussel sprouts and again were hard and overcooked. There is no way that the starters were at a temperature of over 60 centigrade although some of the tongs were! We were served our soft drinks which were very watery looking and at £5 38 for 2 syrup gun style drinks poor value. We stopped eating our starters, did not touch our drinks and complained. The staff seemed annoyed with our complaints so I paid for the untouched drinks and left. We have been to many buffet style restaurants but this was by far the worst.

2 Thank charlietiler