“Birthday Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We where staying at the Travelodge just two minutes round the corner, it was my birthday and we had tickets to go see Rod Stewart at the Falkirk Stadium the following evening. It was a first for my partner and I to be in Falkirk so we didn't have any pre-concieved ideas before visiting the restaurant. It really is lovely inside, the decor is very modern, fresh and the tables were laid out beautifully. We had just missed the three courses for £10 offer, but weren't too fussed about that. The waiter was very friendly and helpful showing us to our table and I ordered a fresh orange and lemonade, my partner a pint of lager shandy. Then we looked over the menu, my only fault was the starters menu, it just didn't have anything on it I liked and was quite limited. So we decided to go right to the mains, I took spaghetti carbonara, my partner the chicken supreme, with an order of Italian bread and fries for the table. The pasta was delicious, very fresh and lots of ham, just lovely. My partner said his chicken was gorgeous also and on trying a wee bit I had to agree. Really felt stuffed after the mains, but as was my birthday couldn't refuse dessert, so I had the banana split and he had the banoffee pie, which was AMAZING!! totally regreted not ordering this myself, although the split was nice as well. Bill was £46, only thing I felt over priced was the pint of lager shandy at £3.90. Lovely place would go back for sure!!

2  Thank Veronica G
There are newer reviews for Chianti

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just had a lovely family lunch to celebrate a Golden Wedding Anniversary. Had the set lunch, which was £10 for 3 courses and £8 for 2 courses - Great value! The food was great, Great Granny was allowed to order from the kids menu so she could have a small portion. The waiters were really good and made a real fuss of the children in the party and laughed, joked and took photos for us of the group without being asked. They sung "Congratulations" when the cake came and contributed to a lovely afternoon for all.

1  Thank Marian L
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I cannot believe the quality and value of the lunch offer at Chianti- it is outstanding. I ate pan-fried chicken livers followed by swordfish with roasted peppers and enjoyed every mouthful. I have never enjoyed such quality at such a competitive price anywhere. I look forward to returning soon to eat a la carte. Great old-fashioned Italian service but within a modern, sophisticated environment. Chianti is very good indeed and deserves its high ratings on Trip Advisor.

1  Thank DJM1965
Reviewed June 15, 2014

First time at chianti and was really expressed, visited tonight with my husband and son for Father's Day, felt really welcome as soon as we arrived, our waiter was charming and funny, our order was taken very quickly,had mixed antipasti and various breads to share which was lovely, dressing on meats etc was fabulous. My husband and I had two different types of risotto which were very tasty and well seasoned, my son had meatballs and said they were lovely, I had panna cotta for desert which again was lovely, service staff efficient and very friendly, food first class and surroundings very nice, having eaten in Italy I would say Chianti was extremely authentic, our bill for three starters and main courses, one dessert, two soft drinks,three glasses of wine and an expresso coffee was £72 which we thought was very reasonable, would defiantly recommend this restaurant
and will be returning very soon.

1  Thank rossie97
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have been to Chianti a number of times now. Just felt that I had to write something about the great food and service they offer.

We always go early doors as mother-in-law has to eat early. By half six the place was nearly full. Couples, families (like us) and parties all but filled the restaurant.

Fabulous meal for all of us. Didn't bat an eyelid when our teenage son wanted a hot chocolate with a double espresso chaser - England vs Italy tonight and he wants to be awake for it!!!!

Can't recommend Chianti enough - £130 for 5 of us and all of us had 3 courses and drinks.