“Not quite as good as the Salt of the Earth, but close”
Review of Chianti

Chianti
Ranked #11 of 185 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I called in at around 7 in the evening after a tiring day on the hiils and the restaurant was very busy. They managed to fit me in at 8:30 when most diners were being served their main courses so service was a bit slow. The Queen Scallop starter was very good value (£8.50) with 4 huge Scallops and was very tasty. For the main I ordered the Filletto Chianti, this too was very good value at £23. A lot of well cooked meat, the only criticism I had was that the plate was not warm and therefore with the amount of meat on the plate it did not remain hot. I subsituted the vegetables that came with the course with garlic mushrooms and spinach side orders (no charge for the mushrooms). I had no room left for a desert. Cost of meal with a copule of large glasses of win was £50. The staff were very friendly and were working hard to service all the customers, they just about managed it. The restaurant has a nice leather seated area just next to the bar if you fancy a drink before your meal. Will vist again next time that I am in the area.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We took two friends for a celebration meal and were sorely disappointed. The service was very poor. Every course seemed to take an eternity and one of the starters was wrong. We had to ask twice for several things (bread, water, a clean knife, coffee) all which in the first instance had obviously been totally forgotten about.
The food was average. Three of the mains were overly salty, one of which, was hardly touched but barely commented on by the waiter.
The desserts and coffee were lovely when they eventually arrived.
Maybe the staff (waiting and kitchen) were over stretched as they were very busy.
I was hoping to have found a good local restaurant but on reflection I wish I had hopped on a train to Edinburgh where the standards of food and service seem so much higher.

1  Thank Gill J
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have eaten from the lunch menu on many occasions now and I am sorry to say that after an excellent start I feel that the quality of the food served from the lunchtime menu is starting to go downhill. I had a Margarita Pizza this week and it really was quite poor, too much tomato sauce. The time before I had 4 cheese pasta and there was not enough sauce and the pasta had a dried texture like it had been under a heat lamp for too long or microwaved.

I do hope that the restaurant read this review and take action. It really did used to be the best Italian in the area (especially at lunchtime where you are often given choices that are not on the main menu).

Staff are still lovely and not too over the top. Setting is still lovely. Please bring back the lovely food.

I'm going to give it a miss for a few months in the hope it improves.

2  Thank Hutchisonh
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a square modern room, perhaps a little dark, decent parking outside, but be careful you park for the right restaurant. I was worried because it was lunchtime and although we had booked, the place was very busy and on such occasions service often declines and meals are slow. Confounding my expectations, the service was excellent: attentive, courteous, accurate and friendly. We had the two course set lunch for £8 (great value) and my gnocchi with wild mushrooms and pieces of sausage-meat was delicious, My wife had sea bream with lentils and this was also a good dish. The wines were also pleasant and decently priced.The strawberry cheesecake was fairly ordinary and really not a classical cheesecake at all. I had nice vanilla ice cream. This is how Italian restaurants should be: good food, value and service. We will certainly go again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very warm welcome on our first visit - especially to the 3 children in our party. We all ate from the £10 meal deal menu which is fab value for 3 delicious courses of your choice. I enjoyed the Garlic Mushrooms, Fish option and finished off with a generous portion of homemade Tiramisu. The children's menu also had choices and were all generous portions which were demolished on the promise of a magic trick from our waiter! The card trick impressed all of us as did the whole experience at Chianti. Will certainly re-visit - soon!