“Try it ... You won't regret it”
Review of Chianti

Chianti
Ranked #4 of 177 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited for the first time and were pleasantly surprised at the lovely intimate feel to the restaurant. The service was good until after the main course when we had to ask twice for the dessert menu ... Orders were taken and the desserts arrived however we had to ask twice for the previously ordered Irish coffees which kept us waiting without either wine in our glasses or food on our plates for a good 10 minutes. A blot on an otherwise very enjoyable night.

1  Thank Zeryx

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Although there were only four starters and main courses on the lunch menu I had no problem choosing what to eat. The food was excellent and the service efficient. Because of a disability I cannot handle a standard pint glass. There were no tankards available but the waitress thoughtfully suggested a stemmed half pint glass and would bring a second one when I finished the first.

1  Thank BognorBob
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was our first visit to this Italian restaurant, and I'm wondering why it took us so long ! The front bar / sitting area is finished to a very high standard with large leather sofas where you can browse the menu and have pre-dinner drinks. The restaurant is well laid out with sensible spacing between the tables. We had a two course meal and was highly delighted with the quality of the food and the service. This has been a real find and I highly recommend.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my 84 year old Mother for lunch on 10th September 2013 and it was such a treat. It had a really nice ambience when we walked in: a comfy seating area off to the right of the entrance, a warmly lit bar slightly to the left and the first thing that strikes you when you walk in, which gives a really nice feel to the place and a surprisingly large dining area to the left. The restaurant is just off the M9 Motorway but in a quiet location with no view of the road so the ambience was maintained when seated at your table

The staff were excellent: friendly, helpful and providing the kind of service which makes you feel that your enjoyment matters.

They do a specials menu at lunch time (2 courses for £8 or 3 courses for £10) and my Mother had a wonderful Salmon in a Saffron Sauce off that menu. The portion size was generous too, for a lunchtime meal. The choice isn't huge, but if you like what is on offer on that menu, you won't go wrong. Only slight criticism was that she ordered pan fried mushrooms with orange and balsamic and although very nice, she felt that there ought to have been bread on the table, as standard, as she felt that the mushrooms on their own was a bit boring. There was no problem, however in getting some bread for it, when she asked and they didn't charge extra for it.

I am quite fussy, so I went for the main menu. A big choice here with the usual meat options and lots of fish dishes. Lots of Pizzas on the menu too, with the ability to add extra toppings for a small charge. I had a pasta dish which was delicious with chicken, asparagus, gorgonzola and cream and I couldn't fault it.

We will definitely go back here and I would like to also visit it for Dinner some night too. Would be a lovely place to celebrate something special, as well as a place for lunch. I took some photos with their permission, to give you some idea of what it looks like

1  Thank TheFunkyGibb0ns
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great restaurant - our first meal here when we visited Falkirk recently. Good food at reasonable price. Nice surroundings. Friendly efficient Service. Really enjoyed our meal. We had the Linguini Frutti di Mare (Pasta with Mixed Shellfish)& Agnolotti Aragasto Pasta stuffed with Lobster and served with king prawns and lovely desserts. Two courses with bottle of wine £50 - pretty good.

2  Thank CaithnessJ