“Best yellow Thai curry!!”
Review of Taiyuan

Taiyuan
Ranked #34 of 171 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Best yellow Thai curry!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and a few of the girls decided to go to the bingo and we won so we thought we would treat ourselves. Staff were friendly and polite. I decided to try something different. I had the yellow Thai curry which was phenomenal. I have previously been back for take away and now have my friends addicted.

Falkirk
“Disgusting”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had a takeaway meal from this restaurant. It was most definitely the worst takeaway meal I have ever experienced. The food appeared to have been heated more than once. The only part of the meal that was recognisable was the rice the remainder looked like slops! Had it not been brought and bought for us by friends I would have taken it straight back. Overall it was disgusting and inedible.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most friendly service around”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My partner and I often go to the Taiyuan because it is a lovely place. The staff are friendly, the service is excellent, I really enjoy the food and I love the quiet, calm atmosphere.

Never had a bad experience at this restaurant!

1 Thank meeshemm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Food amazing!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The area is dated and the juice is out of plastic bottles which is very dated but the service and food make up for it

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Comedy of Errors”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Having eaten at this restaurant numerous times in the past and having not been for several years, I thought it was high time to pay a visit to the Taiyuan, as I recall it being one of the best restaurants of it's kind in the Falkirk area. Upon entering the restaurant we were both shocked at how outdated the decor, furniture and general presentation was, it looked like something plucked straight out of the 80's and not in a good way - there were blotchy marks on the ceiling from damp, which is not a good first impression!

The food was nothing short of terrible, my lemon chicken was loaded to an inch of it's life with MSG and the colour was a sort of dark yellowy beige that was immediately very alarming. Unfortunately the flavour did not make up for appearance, it tasted as if it was loaded with some sort of vinegar and not the remotest hint of lemon - other than the half slice of a lemon dumped into the sauce. The noodles tasted and smelled as if someone had been smoking over them, I can only hope that this was not the case and the chef had simply burned them in the pan, although, in comparison to the lemon chicken they were practically a delicacy. I would have returned my dish but due to time restrictions was unable to do so. The only saving grace was my partner's shredded crispy beef which had a rather appealing, delicate tasting sauce which had been cooked perfectly. Also, we were a bit disappointed to note that our drinks came from 2L bottles that were stored in the fridge (coke and lemonade) which didn't feel very hygienic, my partner's pint of coke was made up from two different bottles - how long had the first one been there?

The service was extremely friendly and very efficient, however, felt it was a bit unprofessional when the staff congregated round the bar/till area and discussed how "burst" they had been the previous evening - not particularly impressive! The only reprieve of the whole experience was watching as my partner laughed hysterically as one of the older staff hoovered around our table as we were eating....

Had we been eating on a discounted menu the above issues would not have been as irritating, but we paid full price and I will literally regret doing so for some time. If thinking about eating here I would suggest sticking to the carry out menu as the prices are more fair and it seemed the popular choice with the locals, however, if you are sitting in be prepared to pay double and be very underwhelmed with your experience.

1 Thank Chunderchops