All reviews value for money course meal dinner menu no lift the ground floor car park the staff were friendly and helpful fantastic value buffet style very pleasant stay tea and coffee night porter member of staff falkirk wheel portions louise pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were walking The John Muir Way and decided to stay here seeing it is almost right on the trail. The receptionist at check in was friendly enough as we found most of the staff to be, excluding the women working at the breakfast buffett. She didn't seem interested in helping much and looked to be a bit hung over.
The rooms appeared to have been recently remodeled. Unfortunately our room was on the first floor and it was loud.
It was a rainy night so we decided to dine in the hotel restaurant. The service was average and the food a little below average. Part of our room package included the breakfast Buffett which was awful. Having walked abut 15 miles that day we just needed someplace to sleep but if I was more familiar with the area I wouldn't have stayed here and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I would definitely avoid the restaurant

Room tip: High floor
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Good- Nice bedroom, newly refurbished bathroom, slept very well. Staff were very friendly.

The Bad- New bathroom spoiled by the rusty old bin as shown in picture. Surely a few pounds for a new bin? Whilst the bathroom was immaculate, it was all style over substance as there is actually no power in the shower. Water barely trickles out, very difficult to rinse soap out of hair. Cleaning could be better, heavy dust on some items. Breakfast disappointing as no real choice apart from cooked or cornflakes. Certainly no continental option. Wouldn’t stay again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2019

We were happy with this hotel. Clean and comfortable room and beds. We were on the ground floor (happy not to deal with stairs after a long day of walking). Quiet location. The restaurant was good and we had no complaints about the food. The hotel staff were pleasant and accommodated us arriving somewhat early. The restaurant service was likewise pleasant and quite good. The breakfast is buffet style and good...well except for the standard buffet scrambled eggs :-)

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

We arrived late and the staff we less than friendly to say the least.
We made it to the room and on first appearances it seemed nice until you looked closer. My god the cleaning staff need training!and the rooms need to be check by a manager, this clearly isn’t done as you will see from the attached photographs. The cleanliness of the bathroom was dire, the cleaning staff obviously just open the door and mop they don’t mop behind the door as you’ll see from the layers of dirt, hair, jewellery and grime.
The Extractor fan above the toilet leaks and as you will see from the toilet you have to dry it before you can even use it.
The grime on the ledge behind the sink and the edge of the bath doesn’t look like it’s been touched in a very long time.
The room itself was dusty with buildup in the corners and skirting boards not to mention the radiators.
The breakfast in the morning was soggy after being left under covered trays, it was not a Delightful cooked breakfast whatsoever.

We would never stay here again nor recommend it.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank siban80
Reviewed August 18, 2019

I'm currently working a shutdown do home visits are very few and far between for the next few months, I decided to bring my family and little boy up here for the weekend and decided on this hotel for us to stay in and to dine in on the Saturday night. After reading a few dodgy reviews I was a little apprehensive, this was my family first visit to where I lodge and work so I was hoping the few negative reviews were a little, let's say embellished.

From the moment we arrived I can say any predisposed negativity was swiftly out of mind, the staff here really made us welcome, the rooms a really good size and clean, and the overall atmosphere was welcoming and positive. We had my young boy with us, almost 2 year old and he's no bother but he is at the stage where he is curious about everything, door handles, people, anywhere he can toddle etc...Sometimes this is met with frowns and such like when out but he was welcomed and smiled at throughout his stay, obviously he never caused any trouble but it is nice when people interact and encourage rather than treat a curious child as a nuisance.

We booked a table in the restaurant for 19.45, thinking my boy would be asleep by then as usual, then we could put him in his buggy asleep while we ate, sadly he was far too excited being away from home and refused to sleep. I asked the restaurant staff would it be possible to have the last table at around 20.15, explained the situation we found ourself in, they not only managed to accommodate our request but served us some of the finest sirloins on the bone I think I've ever had, perfectly cooked, 20 pounds for a 3 course meal really was fantastic value.

I can't think of anything negative that the hotel could do anything about to make me say I either would not stop here again, or I would want a cheaper rate. There were a few snags but not the hotels fault, or they could do nothing about. We were woken by a drunk fellow singing very loudly in the car park who was swiftly taken in by his partner, this woke my boy up at 00.30 which meant myself and my wife got hardly any sleep, however, the hotel really has no control over that. Only thing I can suggest the hotel looks at is the bathroom bin, seems a shame to renovate the rooms and leave a rusty looking bin sitting there, for a few quid I'd change it out the room along with some of the cladding that has been burnt either with straighteners or a hairdryer in the bathroom, again these are minor, minor snags but I'll put them in here for a balanced review.

Overall I would not hesitate in bringing my family back up at some point to Falkirk and this hotel will be my go to choice, thanks for a quality stay and hopefully next time the drunk karaoke guy chooses to sing in Callendar park instead of outside our hotel room window :p

1  Thank Gareth W