“Good night!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Perth, United Kingdom
“Good night!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was out for a friends leaving night meal last week and I know this restaurant well as I use it a lot when home in Falkirk.

The food was good but not great. Standard F&B food I suppose.

Great atmosphere but we were unfortunate to be eating on a night where there was 5 birthdays and by the end of the night, I was scunnered by Cliff Richard! Maybe a new birthday song would be appropriate.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Comically bad that it's almost good again. No wait...”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

A heinous little establishment of an already pretty tired chain of 'restaurants'. I've visited other F&B 'restaurants' so know what to expect now but the Falkirk branch really elevates the F&B stereotype to a new level.

First the staff: The vast majority are amongst some of the most inconsiderate and careless I've ever seen. I have visited this F&B's several times with a positive "It'll be better this time attitude" so would like to think I've given it a fair trial. Notable incidents I recall with this place were as follows:

Collecting my food from the kitchen myself - it had sat for around 10 minutes with multiple staff members walking past it - I was hungry.

Their card machine broke and wouldn't complete the sale - so they ran it through 5/6 times before telling me the charge may or may not come off six times - for a £50 meal that = £350. I had no cash, so rather than try an inevitably unsuccessful 7th time I asked where the closest cash machine was - across the retail park but was then told either me or my partner would need to stay like some form of human deposit/hostage incase we tried to make off without paying!

There has also been simply too many to count cheeky comments / food sent back (cold /inedible ) situations to count but to be fair to the staff they do come across as overworked and undertrained, so perhaps the issue goes deeper than just careless staff?

Best of luck if you do require the assistance of a manger here - ever played an old video game where the 'boss' comes out at the end to fight you?... yes that

The food: Always been the saving grace of F&B's for me, I do usually enjoy it in a "it'll do" sort of way but the last time I went it was very poor - not terrible but definitely not worth what was paid for it.

Some may feel I've been overly harsh here as there are of course good, honest staff whom want customers to enjoy their experience - I dare say there is even an understanding manager somewhere too BUT I would urge anyone to think twice - it's simply not worth the money until F&B's falkirk make some big improvements.

Plus Nando's is just down the road now too... :-)

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Grant D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food, good service staff.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

me and my partner went for dinner yesterday, the place wasn't overly busy. I ordered bruschetta to start and my girlfriend ordered the bbq wings. My bruschetta was an outsider of a loaf cut in half with garlic butter spread on it with some finely diced tomato and onions. I saw this as a bit of a joke! never seen anything like it in my life. no class whatsoever..... tasteless aswell. My partners wings came and they were practically black and well burnt. We summoned the waitress and they were taken away 5mins later nice fresh ones came. the mains were 8oz sirloin and bacon steaks, I ordered onion rings as a side but they didn't arrive.... I only realised this when we got the bill lol.... they took it off the bill! my steak was ok, the tomato was not cooked, the mushroom was strange, it seemed like it was put in a toaster it was sooo dry! as was my partners. I remember they used to be oily and juicy, didn't like it at all. the salad was out of date unseasoned and bland. chips were fine..... desserts good as usual however. the waitress was attentive, the supervisor was very professional and knew what he was doing. Kitchen Issues could put a lot of people off coming here. Obviously the young chefs haven't got the experience of making proper American style food. Training required!

Leven, United Kingdom
“Needs staff training”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Went for a family meal, food was good, really enjoyed by all. Service was shocking, took ages before someone came and took our order. Then we ordered dessert. OMG, it was at least 45 mins before it came
If your prepared to spend a whole day in a restaurant then this is the one for you!!!

Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“One of the worse”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

One of the worse meals we have ever had. Went for my daughters birthday and the food was a disaster. Dough balls were burnt & stale as were the burger buns. The bacon on the burger looked like it had come out of the bin as did the tiny amount of salad. The bottom of the wife's pizza was burnt and looked like it had been used to wipe a wet table. It's hard to explain just how bad it was.

The manager did replace the pizza for free but that didn't make up for the rest. For the prices you charge Frankie & Bennys you should be ashamed to serve such rubbish.

Visited July 2014