“Simply the best!”

Sanam Tandoori
Ranked #2 of 179 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sanam Tandoori Restaurant first opened its doors in 1976 and has gone from strength to strength on the back of authentic Indian cuisine and a dedicated personal service. It was originally founded and managed by Mr Mohammed Anwar until 1999 when he passed the reins down to his sons - Nadeem, Waseem, Naeem and Azeem - who continue to run the restaurant to the present day. Over the years the restaurant has undergone several significant refurbishments - most notably its most recent renovation in November 2012. Today the restaurant is without a doubt one of the most stylish eateries in Central Scotland.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the best restaurant i've ever been too! Can not fault it on anything. Food is out of this world. Really modern inside. Staff are fantastic, always so helpful no matter how busy it is. Nothing is any trouble at all. And it usually is very busy, both with people eating in and taking out. Busiest i've actually seen a restaurant if I'm honest. The menu has plenty of choice on it, i have tried most of dishes and every single one is so tasty. Full of flavour. Can really tell its always freshly cooked for you there and then. Simply amazing.
Honestly, if you're looking for good food and a good night then look no further, i can guarantee you won't find any better than the Sanam. I'm usually in there about 3 times a week, its that good. You will not be disappointed! And if you need anything at all, just ask Naeem, Vaz or any of the guys, there always more than happy to help :)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

It looked modern and inviting so I went inside and asked for a table for two. The waiter was extremely welcoming despite the fact that he was rushed off his feet and surrounded by other people either waiting for a table or a takeaway. We took a seat in the waiting area after being told the wait was 10 minutes. Four more groups arrived and asked for a table by which point I was expecting the waiter to have forgotten who had been waiting but he came straight over to us when the table was ready. The dining room was beautiful and I was really looking forward to sitting down and choosing from the menu. We ordered samosas and prawns to start and lamb masaledar, chicken tikka chasni, rice and garlic naan bread for mains. I am rarely impressed by restaurants in the area and tend to complain alot because I feel that most are substandard but I can honestly say that this entire meal from start to finish was superb! The service was very attentive and the food was delicious! I even asked the waiter if they sold half portions of rice as I had some curry left in the pot, he said they didn't do half portions but then came over to the table with a little side plate of fresh rice, complimentary. Nothing was too much for the waiters and this was a lovely gesture. The rose wine was good and the water was served in a big glass decanter which was a lovely touch. I would highly recommend this restaurant and would choose this place over anywhere else in falkirk for great service, food and atmosphere! The price for the 2 courses and a glass of wine each came to a reasonable £40 which I would happily pay for such a memorable experience. Thanks to everyone at the Sanam for a fab night! We will definitely be back and look forward to visiting regularly.

1  Thank Misslacx
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Being going to this restaurant for the best part of 30 years, the food has always brilliant and with the recent renovation work now complete the restaurant looks fantastic, the food is still brilliant and the staff are always on hand to help you with your choices from the menu, just ask for Vaz or Naeem for any menu assistance.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just had a take away delivered from the Sanam, absolutely fabulous!!!!! fantasic service, great value, prompt delivery, amazing food.....really impressed, will be back!!!!!

Stuart.....3 Swords Way Falkirk

1  Thank Stuart A
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We recently went here as it's walking distance and we had been meaning to try it since it's been redone.
I had never been in it previously but my g/f said it's a fantastic change and it looked great to me. From the moment we went in the staff were great, very welcoming and offered to take our coats etc before being seated. This attention to service continued the whole meal even to the point of them holding the door open and thanking us as we left.
The choice of dishes was great.....in fact the hardest part was only picking one!!! The presentation of the food when it came out was really good and it tasted even better...I would highly recommend here if you were looking for an Tandoori restaurant in Falkirk.

I would not hesitate to return!!!!

Well done guys it was a great night