“Good food - but lacklustre service”
Review of Gambero Rosso

Gambero Rosso
Ranked #9 of 174 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Description: Firmly at the top of the list of Central Scotland's best Italian restaurants, it's our unique canal-side location, warm welcome, genuine Italian dishes made from the best ingredients, fine wine and regular entertainment that all adds up to make Gambero Rosso so atmospheric. It's like a Little Venice. Gambero Rosso, winners of the Restaurant of the Year 2016
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Good food - but lacklustre service”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've eaten many times over the years at Gambero Rosso (and Fratellis as it was previously) and always enjoyed the quality and variety of food. However over the last few visits the service has been poor. Please don't go if you're looking for a quick meal.

I took a group of friends who hadn't been before and I doubt if any of them will venture back on the basis of that visit. The restaurant was very quiet for a Friday night with only a handful of tables occupied yet it still took ages to get served, attract a waiter for drinks during the meal and then a ridiculous time to get the final bill at the end. I'm afraid that's been my experience on every occasion recently and puts me off going back despite the excellent food.

It was a very cold night outside this visit and the restaurant itself was quite cold - in fact I saw one woman at another table sit with her coat and scarf on for most of the meal!

Please don't let me put you off going though, it's a very nice location and lovely inside and the food is very good. If you're after a long relaxed meal and don't have any time pressures Gambero Rosso may be perfect for you...

2 Thank MalcolmSu
Don J, Guest Relations Manager at Gambero Rosso, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to offer constructive remarks. I too was there for a meal on the night one of the heating boilers went down. In fact it was my wife who kept her jacket on.
Needless to say we are all over the service issue. From your comments, I suspect that despite your disappointment, you may have fondness for our restaurant. So it's our hope we might see you again soon.
p.s. the boilers been repaired.

“Best restaurant in Falkirk”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a beautiful meal last week in this restaurant, I frequently eat here and I have never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant itself is beautiful and welcoming. It is the perfect place to enjoy good food and relax at very reasonable prices for a restaurant of this high standard.
I was taken out yesterday to another Italian restaurant in Falkirk and was very disappointed, it's nice to be able to compare quality against inferior ingredients just thrown together. I will continue to eat at the wonderful Gambero Rosso and I suggest you try it also!
If you are looking for the best meal in Falkirk, look no further than Gambero Rosso!

1 Thank janicemacd_2000
Dunipace, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great food service lacking”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Location is lovely and so is the restaurant inside, we have been meaning to go for a while and finally got around to it.

The menu was great value even the kids meals were great value, don't go if you don't like Italian food it's an Italian restaurant not frankie and bennies!,

Would say the service could have been better the waiter seemed very tired.

Oh the toilets were very clean

We will be returning

Falkirk
“MUST DO BETTER”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Came for lunch - difficult finding anywhere else so near Christmas. Confirmed my low opinion of Italian food as over-rated peasant fare. Wife happy with Carbonara, but my pasta with (supposedly) sausage and mushrooms was a poor effort. A few shavings of dried-out salami or similar with what seemed to be three small mushrooms cut into micro pieces. For £10 you can get 3 courses easily elsewhere. The aforesaid goateed waiter responded to my complaint by becoming sullen, which might at least show that he cared!

• Visited December 2012
Thanks, for your honest comments. It is disheartening to read that you were disappointed with your pasta and that the issue was not resolved entirely to your satisfaction at the time. We can and will do better.
leeford1989
“Love it!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I actually only came across this place by accident but what a great mistake that turned out to be. The food was great the atmosphere was good although there was so entertainment, apart from the previously mentioned "lemon in his butt, missed out on the hobbit casting" waiter who was a pleasure the whole evening! He took really good care of us and I don't think I would have been prompted to write this review had I not seen those horrible and offensive remarks.

The restaurant is clean and modern but the food is classy and authentic. The menu is reasonably cheap compared to other restaurants although I mainly eat out in Edinburgh which is more expensive to dine out in anyway.

On the whole a great place to eat and I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't take themselves to seriously and is looking for a fun night with some good food. Well done Gambero Rosso!

• Visited December 2012