“Horrific!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Tried this place for the second time, after our initial visit was less than satisfactory, and owing to the fact that everyone deserves a second chance.

Where do you start?

Decor is sub-standard, with the odour of stale grease subtly masked by strong floral flash, so much so that I witnessed someone leave as the fumes were giving them a headache!

Utensils are cheap as cheap can be, your constantly reminded that the salt shakers dispense too much aswell, I mean come on?!

Staff generally don't seem interested, and the food is extremely basic and in most cases frozen.

I won't be back!!!

29  Thank dave0979

Reviewed April 15, 2014

What a great wee place. I visited the High Street Bistro on Saturday for lunch after noticing some of the delicious looking dishes they have been posting on their Facebook page.
Myself, my wife and my four year old son enjoyed a hearty two course lunch for under £30 which I think is great value for money, especially as everything seemed to be prepared with fresh ingredients.

I have to comment on the staff too as they were really attentive and friendly.

Overall a good experience, I will definitely be back and would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

2  Thank Paulpurt
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The food was excellent along with the service! This is a young business starting out, they don't need all the negativity of jealous people! Frozen steak pie? They haven't sold steak pie for over 3 month! People need to get a grip. We need small businesses to do well, look at our dying high street! Keep up the good work guys!!

3  Thank Chezza06
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had lunch here one afternoon and it was beautiful and I will be going back soon, the service was second to none

1  Thank Charlie M
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Staff were very plesant and helpfull nothing was to much trouble food was excellent just to our liking cosy atmosphere and very clean cater for dietery requests no problem definitely recommend for great affordable food

1  Thank 911toc