“NOW HIGH STREET BISTRO”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 16, 2013

went into High Street Bistro for my lunch today ,food amazing,had a salad and my dad had a cheese burger,service very friendly,menu varied with good options for kids.toilets spotless,ice cream delious! wuold definitely go back.the cost for three of us was £23 which was well worth it,the only slight complaint was the 15 min wait but the head waiter did keep us informed that this was due to the fact that the burger was freshly cooked,the chips were hand cut and the best i have tasted in ages,will go back soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

nice wee tea house with a veriety of light bites on the menu for you to have a bite to eat and a refreshing drink with friendly staff and good amenities

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Staff a bit too keen food was just all right chips a little hard. My husband had the steak pie but it was more like carrot and gravy pie really clean and friendlly but sorry in this day and age I am looking for better quality for my money.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I agree with Rodvalls, it is good to have The York Cafe back. It has had a few owners since it was the busiest Cafe in Falkirk, under the Serafini's, the last one was appalling. However the new owner and the makeover have done a very good job of bringing it back to life. I had a very good meal here recently, soup, which was piping hot and almost a meal in itself, the steak pie, again piping hot. The staff were attentive, well mannered and very pleasant. It was warm, welcoming and clean. Speaking to the waiter who served me it seems it is slowly comming back to life, and I wish the new owner well in his new venture and urge readers to give it a try - I am sure you will not be dissappointed. It is open 8am - 6pm with a good menu & breakfast.

2  Thank Kenneth J
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Enjoy going in here for a breakfast, staff are very friendly

2  Thank LeeGilly