“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Falkirk
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

this is my 2nd time at this hotel, nothing to complain about, lovely clean room, nice breakfast, tea and coffee topped up in the room every day, i like this hotel its always nice and clean and tidy, the only little gripe iv got is on checking in the room was not ready, all in all i had a good stay, sunday lunch was lovely, would have liked a roast to be on the menu, but no complaints because what i ordered was lovely, will be back again soon

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have been in this hotel on a number of occasions and have been happy with each visit. We went there for Sunday lunch last weekend as they currently offer a three course lunch for £10. For that price the quality of the food is very good and there is always a good choice to satisfy most diets. I just managed to finish my sweet as portions are quite generous! Service is good and the young waiter who attended our table was very polite and helpful. The table was well presented and the table cloth was very clean. The restaurant itself is comfortable, pleasant and well lit. Reception staff were ok but could have shown a little more of a personal touch when we arrived. However, overall a good choice for a lunch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My friend had her wedding reception here so we booked a room. The staff upon arrival were cheery and very friendly, the lady who dealt with us I am almost sure her name was Stacey, she was very attentive and a pleasure to deal with.

The suite the reception was in was immaculate, great space for dancing/dj set and plenty of tables for guests. The bar had a great range and you normally find hotels are quite expensive for alcohol especially for events but it was very reasonable.

The room we had was great. Very clean, had a bath/shower and all the facilities you need. Sorry no pics this time but we simply didn't have time.

When the party was over, the manager Duncan was very helpful and made sure we were sorted for drinks and explained about just charging it to our room and provided us with sandiwches. It is little touches like this you remember, he also made sure we had everything we needed before he left to go home, lovely man.

I can't comment on breakfast as I missed it due to too much celebrating but everything else I experienced was fabulous. If I am by Falkirk was again, this would be my first choice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
richmond
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is an unattractive hotel from the outside and if I had not booked on line would not have gone in at all. Tho rooms are very small and very basic. As I was visiting family in Falkirk I was only there to sleep really. I was totally shocked in the morning when leaving my room to find the whole of the corridor filled with dirty linen which had to be negotiated to get to the lift! On returning to our room we had to again avoid piles of linen and step over bags of rubbish to get to our room. When asking the manager if he realised his staff had an obstacle course on the corridors he said they had nowhere else to put it! We quickly checked out as not used to this sort of service......rather shocked actually and wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here even for a cheap business trip as it was not especially cheap either!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jackieRichmond

Travelers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

me and my partner been couple of times the staff are really nice food is really good 3 courses for £10 they also do 2 courses as well great value for money the do change there menu about everyday but there normally have good selection i would book tho they can get very busy but they seated us straight away x

Room Tip: sorry we never stayed just food so cant comment on but it looks really nice to stay i would
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle M
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at Park Hotel, Falkirk for four nights whilst visiting friends and family in the area, and found the staff to be most helpful, and very friendly. A special thank you to Gillian on reception and Dorothy who looked after me in the restaurant. I had a problem with the tap in the bathroom and Gillian sorted this out by moving me to another room immediately. Thanks, I loved the room overlooking the park. The breakfast was plentiful with something for everyone. Dorothy made sure I had everything I needed. I also used the restaurant a couple of nights and the set three course menu was very varied and both my daughter who was joining me and myself enjoyed our meals. I paid the £3.50 supplement for the sirloin the second night and enjoyed my steak. Still not expensive for three courses. Once again I found the staff to be very pleasant. I have stayed in better hotels decor wise but it was clean and tidy. I do agree with the comment about the small rooms. My first room was small but adequate for a person travelling on their own. The second room was bigger with a better outlook. I would not hesitate to use this hotel as my base again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front as these seem to be bigger.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Barbara C
Aberfeldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I found this hotel to be very good, only stayed one night, room was clean, and the huge bed was very comfy, service was slick and friendly, breakfast was pretty good, lift was very quircky, took forever, but no complaints well worth £82 for a double room

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BJPDunfermline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Travelodge Falkirk Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Best Western Park Hotel? Share your experiences!