“Short stay”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Falkirk
Bradford
“Short stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

At £85 for a twin room i couldn't see what extra it offered over the cheaper and much larger rooms at a Premier Inn. The food though was great, the evening meal at £10 for three courses was excellent value for money. The breakfast on offer the morning after was even better, a self service buffet of great quality.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rupert81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Havelock, New Zealand
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We should've known what to expect when three emails went unanswered but, after a fantastic stay at our last place, we were doubly disappointed by our initial (lack of) greeting by the woman on the front desk. Enquiries about a laundry got us a phone number but no offer of making the call for us. The room was clean and tidy but very cramped. Breakfast was average and the woman in charge spent a lot of time telling us about the large group coming in half an hour. This place would get a much better rating if they smiled! Lastly, please do a bit of weeding and mow the lawns. If we hadn't of booked then we would've kept going.

• Stayed August 2011
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I'll get straight to the point. I recently enjoyed a meal at the Park Hotel with various family members. Food was nice, very good value for money at three courses for £10.00. Young woman, front of house, grey trouser suit, seemed unable or unwilling to smile. When I go for a meal, I am looking for the very basics of good customer service, a simple smile on arriving, a plesant greeting and some form of thankyou on leaving. This young woman provided none to these. So, I will take my hard earned cash and spend it in another restaurant elsewhere in town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Just returned after a 3 night stay on business. I'm struggling to write something good. Some of the staff were nice and friendly, but I'm not staying due to the staff. The room was basic, I had to retune the TV myself every time I switched it off (told reception, they referred me to the bar staff - I kid you not!) who did try to fix it but failed. The shower pressure was so powerful I flooded the bathroom after every shower. The evening meal food was clearly prepackaged and not fresh with no taste (apple pie the first night was served cold with warm custard, both clearly shop bought rather than cooked on site). Breakfast was OK but not great. I know it's a 3* but I've stayed in better travel lodges. Avoid!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room to the front of the building facing Camelon Road as the ones t...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

Edinburgh
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Some of the reviews seem to be a tad OTT! Stayed for one night, had dinner, B&B. Room was excellent, I think it had been refurbished recently. Bed, TV, shower all great. £10 for 3 course dinner, OK it wasn't haute cuisine but good value for money. The breakfast wasn't quite up to the same standard but if you steer clear of the inedible bacon you won't go too far wrong!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I will continue to use Bestwestern both here Australia, Ireland and The UK, as the staff are always or seem to be polite, however the female staff within the dinning room could or should be re trained in client service and not be so rude.

• Stayed April 2011
Earth
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed here recently for three nights and found the decor to be stuck in the 80s, the place really could do with a facelift and recarpeting. The choice of meals was limited but at £10 for a 3 course evening meal I certainly couldn't complain. I had the haddock one evening which was very nice and certainly not a small portion. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the drinks not overpriced (for a hotel anyway).

Breakfast was well cooked and plentiful. Anywhere that serves haggis and potato scones for breakfast can't be all bad.

OK it's never going to win awards for its food but what I had was fine considering what I paid.

The room I had was supposed to be double but was more like a double bed shoehorned into a single room so there wasn't much room to move around. Once the heating was on it was very warm and I slept well (I'm normally a light sleeper). There is an air duct ventilation system though which is quite loud when on but they do turn it off around 8PM so it doesn't disturb sleep.

Check out was a bit tedious as receptionist couldn't change my address details so had to write the address on the bill but otherwise fine.

Basic but clean and good value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Des_Gruntled
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel
Antonine Hotel
Antonine Hotel
#8 of 9 in Falkirk
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa

Been to Best Western Park Hotel? Share your experiences!