“OK for quick lunch”

The Shore at Carronshore
Ranked #13 of 178 Restaurants in Falkirk
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Shore is proud to introduce the 'BUILD YOUR OWN BURGER' Menu, we are a family run business, using the best quality product we can find, we always offer a warm Scottish WELCOME!! and our chefs will try and cater for every taste. We truly believe in great food and service AND we hope you can bring a fantastic atmosphere with you. Small parties or BIG get togethers ....The Shore is ideal
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a decent lunch here recently, honest pub grub but maybe a wee bit pricey for what you get. Staff wre friendly enough and we will return but not top of our list in the area.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice place only let down is price its rather pricy for a pub but lovely staff nice meal and withboutdoor seating must be lovely in the summer time.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stay locally and came to the Shore on Grand National Day for a late lunch with our wee girl Freya. Despite the pub being busy we were shown 2 a perfectly located table with plenty room for the pram & were given menus to peruse. Drinks order was taken within 2mins & food in less than 10. The head manager brought a small taster of the newly imported lager along with my drink which was a nice touch ( so good i had 2 pints afterwards ) I couldnt recommend enough The Shore for a reasonably priced good quality food & family friendly restaurant / bar in the area. THANKS TO ALL ESP CAMERON from J&K&F , Stenhousemuir.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have recently moved to Carronshore, and felt that as a new local I should try out my local pub grub, and to be honest I was less than impressed.
On arrival we were greeted by an unpleasant employee, who made us feel uncomfortable as we hadn't booked, it being good Friday, we should of booked. As told by this employee, she continued making us feel uncomfortable by making it known that she would need to move other people around who had booked in advance, as we had a pram. She showed us to the table, no hint of a smile, nothing. She left, without a word. We were then greeted by another icy reception of another employee, making me feel my pram was in his way. We ordered drinks, slow to arrive and they were only soft drinks. I still had no place setting, we were given two paper menus, there was three of us. The menu it's self was alright, didn't match the menu on the Internet. When I got a place setting, I lightheartly asked for a clean fork, there was a hair on the one I was originally given. The man made no effort to speak, and got me a cleaner fork.
We ordered food, two courses for 8.95, I had the nachos to start which were just some crisps thrown in a plate and swamped in melted cheese leaving the underneath cold as the top was acting as a shield. My portion was a decent size. My parents had the smoked salmon. The portion was the size of a goldfish. Not a lot of eating in that, we were served by our third waiter at this point, he also had nothing to say. My main was a quasdilla, poor, more cheese, and pre coked slices of chicken. Not great. Served with lettuce, and not hand cooked chips as were described. I didn't eat much of it. My mum had scampi, about four bits, not a good looking portion, my dad had a burger, looked like a tesco burger with cheese, no relish, no garnish, nothing. He ate it.
Still feeling awkward as we were being served, I saw our original waitress be rude to a customer. No smiles the full visit.
The atmosphere was flat, and I didn't enjoy the experience. Will not be going back.
I wouldn't say the food was worth advertising either.

1  Thank Nataliebeatdown
shorethingfalkirk, Owner at The Shore at Carronshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

I am deeply concerned about your comments and would appreciate the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Whilst I know we are not perfect we always aim to please, it seems on this occaision we did not.
Please give me a call at The Shore and I will do my utmost to give you a better experience in the very near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Good and service fantastic as normal! U make a simple night out fantastic or fantastic as it was tonight.
The new cocktail man is amazing!!!!
Food is superb as is service always!!
The staff ate a credit to th place!! Always feel welcome!

1  Thank saxoann