“Didn't even make it out the car park!”
Review of Orchard Hotel

Orchard Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Falkirk B&B and Inns
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Didn't even make it out the car park!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Had planned to meet my wife for lunch at the Orchard today, but didn't even make it out of the car park!
I parked in the customer car park, got out the car and was ready to start walking round to meet my wife outside the front door. A guy and 2 women were standing in the car park talking, one of the women shouted to me and told "me the car park was for customers only". I told her I was going into the bar. She then repeated "the car park was for customers only" and I replied by asking if she had not heard me the first time?
At this point the old guy / manager? / owner became very aggressive and walked towards me shouting and asking me to leave and never come back!!!!!

Couldn't believe it!
Planned on a pleasant afternoon lunch and ended up annoyed all day!!
In future I will stick to the decent places in Falkirk!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank FalkirkBoy
OrchardHotel, Admin manager at Orchard Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We are sorry you felt you recent Orchard Experience was negative. We pride ourselves as a Team on delivering exceptional Customer Service, whether they are using our Hotel, Bar or Restaurant Facilties.

On the Day in question, you parked your car and left the carpark by the rear gate and headed in the opposite direction of our front door. Our standard practice is to highlight to customers that we have Rear Door access from the carpark into the hotel faclities as some customers assume the Front Door is the only way to access the building.

As a Town Centre Trader with limited Free Car Parking, we do, regulary have to ensure that Car Park users are using the hotel facilites so that we do not disappoint our valued customers.

When we advised that we have Rear Door Access, your reaction gave no indication that you were using restaurant or bar and you were walking in the opposite direction of our main entrance. This leads us to believe that you were illegally parking on the premises and subsequently the way you spoke to our staff was inappropriate. We are sorry that you feel negatively regarding the way you were treated and look forward to receiving your letter and contact details to discuss the matter.

Regards, Orchard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Been to many hotels and experienced both good and bad service. In my opinion the service wasn't the worst but it was unacceptable. Dining in the restaurant is different from being an over night guest. I did not like that there was no double beds available because they did not have that facility. I was asked by the manager why i was staying in the hotel. I found this to be none of her concern and did not appreciate the question. Resulting in printing an impression of NOT having a discreet service. I stayed for two nights as there was no other hotel available. Breakfast was included in the price and it was not nice either. There was a choice on the menu. I chose full English and it took ages in being made and was greasy and tasteless. I had to remind a staff member who was also the cleaner for juice I had ordered. Upon departure i paid the bill and had to wait for 45 mins to be served. On;y the cleaner was available whilst the other member of staff I had waited for was upstairs in one of the rooms sleeping. Upon consideration I could have left without paying, But I'm a Karma sort of person so I waited. Lucky I haggled the price from £65 to £45. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MelanieJNoctor

Travelers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

Falkirk
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went to the Orchard for lunch purely by chance after seeing the bill board paraded through the town. I had intended going elsewhere but thought I will give this a try. Meal was very good wholesome food and at a very reasonable price.

Service was great with everything being presented well. I will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Aviemore
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having stayed here once a few years ago we had no hesitation in checking in for the night again. Greeted by very friendly member of staff - raised eyebrows when told the room was £65 with breakfast extra - didn't remember breakfast extra last time. But very tired and in need of a room so checked in anyway. Room is basic and now, a few years down the line, in need of a deep clean. Carpet was stained and grubby as were divan bases. Space between bed and bedside unit had not been hoovered for a long time. Bedside unit accomodated 2 lamps and one kettle but there was only 2 electric sockets. Shower and toilet area were fine.
Popped out to visit family locally and then returned to eat. Selected from £9.95 for 2 courses menu. Starters arrived quite quickly but waited about 40 minutes for main course. Chips on both were cold, salad looked more tired than me and hand made burgers were dry unseasoned and not properly cooked. Needless to say did not have the inclination to have breakfast in the morning and do not intend to stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went with friends for a late lunch. In trying to be a little bit health conscious I ordered the baked potato with tuna and cheese. It came without the cheese, which is ok, but the tuna was absolutely SWIMMING in mayonnaise. It was not at all enjoyable. I then went for the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream (after all that mayo, I figured protecting my arteries was out the window anyway!). It appeared to be microwaved, was really dry (I had to ask for more sauce) and, like the potato and tuna, an absolute let down. My friends reported that their lunches (a panini and mac n cheese) were ok, but my pal's apple pie was clearly microwaved and looked like it had been run over by a steamroller...not sure I'll be rushing back...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

On a visit to Falkirk to meet a friend (who is fairly new to the area) we parked in a car park nearby and asked one of the locals if she could recommend a place for lunch.
Immediately she said the Orchard is the place to go. I noticed that a 2 course lunch for seniors from the Xmas menu was about £4 less than the norm. at £9.95.
I went for lentil soup and ribeye steak with the trimmings (avoiding the temptation of the Turkey) The others went for a 2 courser of Fish and chips and a sweet at £9.95.
Soup, which was most unlike Lentil arrived hot with 2 pieces of bread. Very enjoyable.
Main courses took a while to arrive, tho' by now place was very busy. My meal was tasty, but I would have preferred some of the items hotter. Cleared my plate.
Fish and chips came with peas etc. Batter real crispy and fish tasty. Friend got 2 bits of fish. Both remarked on the good tasting chips, with part skins on.
Cosy environment for meal and chat. Staff attentive.
Would recommend this place and would have given 5/5 for value etc. but give 4/5 due to my preference above. Would certainly pay a return visit.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We eat here occaisionally and have always had a fab meal, whether its lunch or evening meal, whether its the family or a group of friends we have never been let down. The staff are great and nothings a problem. We have only eaten here and not stayed over.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Best Western Park Hotel
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Helix Hotel
Helix Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Orchard Hotel? Share your experiences!