“Recommended by a local.”
Review of Orchard Hotel

Orchard Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Falkirk B&B and Inns
Perth, United Kingdom
“Recommended by a local.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

On a visit to Falkirk to meet a friend (who is fairly new to the area) we parked in a car park nearby and asked one of the locals if she could recommend a place for lunch.
Immediately she said the Orchard is the place to go. I noticed that a 2 course lunch for seniors from the Xmas menu was about £4 less than the norm. at £9.95.
I went for lentil soup and ribeye steak with the trimmings (avoiding the temptation of the Turkey) The others went for a 2 courser of Fish and chips and a sweet at £9.95.
Soup, which was most unlike Lentil arrived hot with 2 pieces of bread. Very enjoyable.
Main courses took a while to arrive, tho' by now place was very busy. My meal was tasty, but I would have preferred some of the items hotter. Cleared my plate.
Fish and chips came with peas etc. Batter real crispy and fish tasty. Friend got 2 bits of fish. Both remarked on the good tasting chips, with part skins on.
Cosy environment for meal and chat. Staff attentive.
Would recommend this place and would have given 5/5 for value etc. but give 4/5 due to my preference above. Would certainly pay a return visit.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We eat here occaisionally and have always had a fab meal, whether its lunch or evening meal, whether its the family or a group of friends we have never been let down. The staff are great and nothings a problem. We have only eaten here and not stayed over.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed over on a Saturday night, good location in the centre of Falkirk and beside the bus station. If you like a lively busy lounge bar/restaurant then that’s the place for you but not for me so didn't sample their food that night, went to a quieter restaurant. Fortunately you could not hear the noise in the room, unfortunately the neighbours were very noisy, complained about 11pm and were dealt with right away. To me the room was basic and in need of a dust.
Arrived for breakfast at 8am, there were already 4 guests seated and had their orders taken. Received my coffee and juice within 5 mins. Two people arrived 15 mins after me and were served their cooked breakfast 15 mins before me. The reason given was they had booked theirs the night before. But I would have thought arriving 15 mins later, mine would have already been cooked or almost!!! It would have taken me less than that and I’m not a professional cook or chef. I asked myself then why were they asked for their order again at the table!!!! It seems to me they had asked the night before to get their breakfast before others. Eventually after 40 mins of waiting it arrived hot and freshly cooked and very nice, pity it took so long as I didn’t have time to finish it as I had to catch a bus. The poor service rating is for the time I had to wait for my breakfast not the staff as I found them friendly and helpful but wouldn’t go back again just for that

As far away from the noisy Lounge Bar/Restaurant

Room Tip: As far away from the noisy Lounge Bar/Restaurant
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Falkirk hotels

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Went for a lunchtime treat, lunch menu at 8.95 for two courses is okay but other places in Falkirk doing it much cheaper (sportsters 4.95, sumo 6.95). Two of the diners went for the usual menu as their choices weren't on the lunchtime menu. I was shocked to see a panini an chips costing 9.95, in my mind that is mega.

Staff were friendly an service was prompt, starters in lunch menu were big so that was a plus.

Good choice of dishes, deserts were big too, mega busy on a week day so popular with all

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Stevie123456789
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Having worked in this area of Falkirk , I can thoroughly recommend the food and great bar staff , fabulous service .
Outside seating , front and back , summers day, pint in hand , people watching , Get the picture ?
As i say , a " Wee Gem " So many pub lunches come from farmfoods .......definately NOT the case here .
Fabulous team , be proud xx

Room Tip: great afternoon visit for ladies who lunch x
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cardiff
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Picked this pub/hotel after deciding to break our journey to the Hebrides with an over night stop in Falkirk - to see the Falkirk Wheel (Go and see the Falkirk Wheel - great engineering project) and not wanting the uusual budget Premier Inn/Travelodge on the side of the motorway.

The Orchard is a real find - a lively budget hotel (£60 b&b for 2). The staff and owner/manager clearly put the guests first. The food is very good and the bar lively. On this Thursday night the pub was full with a great atmosphere. We tried the quiz but gave up half way through (80's pop music is my achillies heel!) and went for a walk around Falkirk - the town's other bars were very quiet and we quickly returned to the Orchard. The owner visited every table in the pub at least 3 times chatting, malking sure our meal was ok and generally being a good host.

Our room was basic, but good value and quiet - despite the lively bar. I think the rooms only have twin beds, which may not be to everyones liking.

Thanks guys for a great stay.

Airfix

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on busy nights
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Louth, Louth, Ireland
Reviewed April 2, 2012

i stayed at the orchard on sat 31 /3/2012 i must say it was a great place to stay staff where so frindly and helpful mad us feel like vip I will be back again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkirk
Best Western Park Hotel
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Helix Hotel
Helix Hotel
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth

Been to Orchard Hotel? Share your experiences!