“You must try this excellent traditional Indian restaurant”
Review of Taj Mahal - CLOSED

Taj Mahal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Taj Mahal has a unique traditional style setting and has been serving the Falkirk area with delicious Indian Cuisine for over 10 years.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I do not want modern interpretations of British Indian food or over the top decor. I want to know that I can have the same high standard every time I visit and that is what the Taj Mahal offers. Notice the amount of regular customers and that tells you everything! Very highly recommended.

4  Thank SANDRA B

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We often visit here for a lunchtime buffet when in Falkirk. Staff are friendly and the food on offer, considering we always go for the buffet and its a lunchtime is pertty good. My only dissapointment is that the last time we visited, they did charge for two poppadoms, which are not part of the buffet menu now??? I found that a little predantic as there were four of us eating, and I had the poppadoms rather than pakoras, for my starter... but apart from that, (and it might have changed now as it was the first time theyd done it) All in all, good value at around £7 each. Never been for an evening meal...

2  Thank Adrian B
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I took my wife and 2 teenage daughters here this evening. Staff were friendly and helpful, but the food was very ordinary. The curries (we went for the buffet option) all had little flavour, with the meat in them appearing to have been added at the klast minute to the sauces, meaning that there was no flavour within the meat. Drinks were very expensive and the decor very dated and needing updated desperately. Friendly service doesn't make up for laclustre food and surroundings. The last time I felt this robbed, the assailant wore a mask and carried a gun! Take my advise and give your wallet a brak by eating elsewhere!

1  Thank bigiainw_46
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

First visit to the taj mahal, Absaloutley amazing food, prices. The decor is shocking but so funny as it reminded me of a take away that del boy would eat in. Staff are amazingly polite, attentive but not too in your face if you knw wat I mean. A think anyone who is a bit snooty will instantly be put off as soon as they walk in but if you are open an honest you will like it. Food great an prices some of the cheapest in Falkirk. A hate buffets in general so I always order from the menu but anytime I'm in I always see many people taking the buffet option.

A we trip to the toilets as its downstairs but hey ho now here's perfect.

You get free jelly beans with your bill an a hot lemon towel to wipe the spills from your mouth ha ha.

As I said a great experience if you've got true values.

3  Thank Stevie123456789
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a really nice Indian restaurant, which suits couples, friends and families. We have recently had lunch and dinner there and will go back again. The buffet lunch was very reasonsble and there was a good selection. The staff are very pleasand and happy to help. Good draft beer too.

1  Thank McLeods139