“Hidden gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sumo Noodle Bar
Ranked #13 of 168 Restaurants in Falkirk
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bootle, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was visiting my brother and niece in Stirling while it was her birthday, this was her choice and I am glad it was, they are frequent visitors and this being my first time I wanted to tell you all about it.
A busy little bar tucked away in Falkirk and unless you knew how good the food was you could miss it. Very casual, for all occasions and very child friendly. The service was excellent, the food was good and plenty of it. The soup looked amazing, I shall have that next time. The noodles were beautifully cooked with plenty of meat and fish, nice wine too. We all enjoyed it, even the birthday cake surprise!

• Visited April 2014

“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

One of my fave places, tho when I first started eating here the food was a lot better, when it changed some of the food wasn't the same, my favorite pork pancake rolls are not as good, very little pork in them now where as before it was all pork, the pork they use in dishes isn't as nice either so I avoid any pork dishes, all other food is lovely tho and really fresh, my kids love eating here too

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've been going here for years now and in my opinion it's one of the best places to eat in Falkirk. I get the same thing every time from the set lunchtime menu - chicken yakkatori, which is brilliant (although they stopped putting the amazing coleslaw style stuff on the side a while back) and a huge chicken ramen bowl with a mild chilli base. I've yet to manage finishing the bowl. The staff are very attentive and friendly and its excellent value. If your looking for swanky restaurant surrounding though - this place isn't for you - It's authentic Japanese cafe style, where your seated on wooden picnic type benches. I've tried Wagamama's and other noodle places out of town - but Sumo Noodle wins hands down :-)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank gillcr71
“Wonderful takeaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This is the best takeaway in Falkirk. Food great, price competitive and speed of delivery first class. Do not know about sitting in as only been once but takeaway even on a Saturday evening is brilliant

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brian L
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to Sumo with my family since it opened. For the first few years it was excellent with great food and a great atmosphere, but in the last couple of years it has definitely gone downhill.

The Sake Nigiri now has a slice of salmon so thin it could be smoked salmon. The food isn't anywhere near as tasty as it used to be, it's missing something, almost like it was out of a packet, whereas before you could tell it had been well prepared.

It's a shame, as this place used to rival Ichiban in Glasgow, but now it's nothing special. My kids still like it so I'll probably be back again, as I was today, but I won't be looking forward to it like I used to.

Visited February 2014