“Average pub grub”
Review of The Copper Top

The Copper Top
Ranked #31 of 179 Restaurants in Falkirk
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had meals before that had been good but was very disappointed on 25/02.
Two of us had the 2 courses for a tenner, but that is no excuse for serving soup with little or no taste(should have been pea and ham but was more water).
Braised steak tasted as if it had been lying for a while certainly wasn't freshly made, dryed up at the ends and wasn't very tender.
No taste to vegetables, had to add a lot of salt to get a taste.
On one hand 2 courses for a tenner you aren't expecting a Michelin star but you are expecting something reasonable

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went out for my birthday meal with my family. Good honest home cooked pub food. Generous portions at a reasonable price. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, will eat here again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Always enjoy my meal at the Coppertop but I find the main menu a bit expensive. There are better places in the area a lot cheaper. It is not fine dining it is pub food. They do have a lunch menu now which is good value. The service can be good but last time we were there we asked the waiter for an extra five minutes to study the menu and it was twenty minutes before he came back to take our order. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy and I was told the young man who served us was the manager.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My first time at the Copper Top and I found a clean nicely furnished and decorated restaurant, the service just lacked a little, 3 different servers attending our table, the food was good for the type of menu and price we were paying. The "Banana Boat" sweet could have been served on a plate as the dish it was served in was over flowing over the table, the coffee was not very strong and let me down at the end of the meal, all in all a few points that could easily have made it a 5/5 rather than a 4/5

Reviewed February 10, 2013

No welcome, no smiles , just surly faces from the whole crowd.
Food 6 months ago was so much better, but is barely average now.
Packet salad, cheap ingredients.
Never asked how was our food, no tip left.
What a rude bunch, no wonder it was empty, won't be back.