“Nice place but very average food”
Review of The Dutch Inn

The Dutch Inn
Ranked #29 of 180 Restaurants in Falkirk
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Not much to look at from the outside, better inside, we had a nice table by the window. It was a very hot day and the shutters had to be kept shut to keep out the sun which was a bit of a shame. Staff really nice and friendly and helpful. Food however is pretty average. My starter was a bit of a shock. I opted for tuna marie rose. Not sure what I expected but I didn't think it would just be a tin of tuna, drained, turned out onto a side plate with a marie rose sauce dribbled over it. I do think my mouth dropped open when it was put in front of me. I mean how can a "chef" produce something like that, a 2 year old could do that? Anyway ate it as it was edible. The veggie lasagne was nice but again just average. Also I noted that the same veg was served with everything, whether it was meat, fowl, veggie or fish. Turnip and carrot and chips or potatoes. If you want edible, hot, average food this is the place to go. Anything else and I would avoid. It filled empty stomachs but I wouldn't say it inspired me to go there again.

1  Thank NMcD

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Went here for a birthday lunch, staff not very friendly, bad value for money, service was slow for a quiert lunch time!! Used to be our favourite restaurant but not anymore won't be back!! Needs an update!!

3  Thank Heather P
Reviewed June 7, 2014

In appearance the Inn is quite dated, but it's all very clean and tidy. This cleanliness included the toilets, which I believe is often a good indication of kitchen cleanliness!

We went with the menu of the day. All agreed that it was good plain home style food which was very tasty and served piping hot. The pace of service was just right with a nice break between courses. This is certainly no gastro pub, but we all enjoyed our meal and felt that it was good value.

Regrettably the staff didn't match up to the food! I wouldn't say that they were bad, but they definitely gave me the impression that they were there because they had to be; most positive I could say would be lacklustre.

I would go back if I'm ever in Falkirk, but will make a point of speaking directly to the management with my views, as they don't appear to respond to the comments posted.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I went to the Dutch inn for lunch after a walk around helix park as it is situated close by. Upon arrival it was busy but we were seated and attended to promptly. Staff were friendly and helpful. I had steak pie and my husband had chicken highlander both of which were fab (good home style cooking)
We will be back.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Food very basic will not go back again total waste of money! Used to go here a lot with family but for sure we will not return!

2  Thank Baileybell