“Good chinese restaurant”

Saigon Saigon
Ranked #1,544 of 2,628 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here, while on holiday and we enjoyed our meal. The food is tasty and the prices are reasonable. Service is okay. Décor is typical of a mid-price chinese restaurant. Our table was a bit small. The place was almost full with customers, many of whom seemed to be university students.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Reminds me of home.. Complete with tables full of Chinese :) sign of a good Chinese restaurant

Despite the cheap looking advertising, it really is a good restaurant with very prompt service.

Great dim sim!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Who would know that a buffet restaurant would do the best dim sum I have eaten for a long time. Me and a work friend went out for dinner the other night after fancying dim sum all the way up to Edinburgh. And I was not let down the food was great some lovely flavours, service was not great to the food more then makes up for this. The price was just right for a work night. See you again in a few weeks

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Terrible food, very bland.and slow service, only plus was they were so hopeless they missed several items from the bill

Shrimp dim sum very fishy, almost off
Noodle Soup was hot water, 3 bok Choy leaves and a few dumplings

Good ratings must have been fron friends and family, don't bother.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

12 of us attending a colleagues leaving do went here for dinner. Personally the food I received was awful. Don't order the barbecue pork. Dryed up pork in a plate of grease with no veg and no sauce. Worse than awful. My starter wasn't much better. Duck parcels with little or no duck!!

The service was terrible. 6 of us at our table and between the first starter being served and the last was a space of at least ten minutes. The same thing happened with the main course. The length of time between courses was too long. At least 25-30 minutes. The place was very busy and I would suggest more staff would have made a difference to the service if nothing else. We sat for around 30-40 mins after our meal and the dirty plates were still sitting when we left!! No offer of dessert made to either one of our tables.

Out of 12 3 said there food was good.

Not good enough I'd say!!