“Nice spot to visit for the history”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Elephant House

Elephant House
Ranked #30 of 62 Dessert in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Houston, Texas
“Nice spot to visit for the history”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

A good place to have your picture taken in front of, just for the history, but that is about it. Recommend only for Harry Potter fans

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wexford, Ireland
“Excellent, even if you're not a Potter fan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

On a trip to Edinburgh I just had to visit this place as I'm a big Harry Potter fan. I expected it to be very gimmicky and not great in terms of food but I was very pleasantly surprised. My friend and I had lunch there on our last day in Edinburgh which was delicious and great value( I had the cream cheese and smoked salmon baked potato). I loved the wall with Potter memorabilia and as weird as it sounds pop into the bathroom to see the walls covered in Potter quotes, it's impressive!
Later that evening we couldn't find someplace that we'd like to eat so we found ourselves outside Elephant House again and decided to give their dinner a go, it was even more impressive. This time we were joined by another friend who happens to be a celiac but the staff were so accommodating to her and sorted her out without issue.
I advise going here at night, the atmosphere and view overlooking the Castle is breathtaking.

• Visited March 2012
Toronto
“Smile, your on Camera!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

After sitting in the front window of the cafe I realise I will now appear in hundreds of photo albums. Whole tour groups walk by to gawk and take photo's which really changes the atmosphere. The staff who no doubt deal with many annoyances are now jaded and cynical making the cup of tea I had not really worth it.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MelanieJA
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not a pleasant experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I really don't care who wrote what here - the staff are disinterested to the point of rudeness, their policy of making all of you stay in the queue while they take your order from one of you just causes a huge queue and congestions. When 4 of you ask for some sauce you would expect some to arrive. POOR

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank 186525Joe
Edinburgh
“Opening hours?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Website says open until 10pm on Sunday, turned away at 9:15pm. Rather annoyed as had walked across town to visit. Wasted journey. Seems quite common in Edinburgh for cafes to make up the hours as they going along.

• Visited November 2012