“Loved it superb food and excellenct service.”
Review of Phuket Pavilion

Phuket Pavilion
Ranked #293 of 2,628 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Outstanding quality of Thai food with a nice selection of starters and main courses. The pleasant ambiance and décor invites you right in.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We found this restaurant by chance on Tuesday night whilst walking back toward the center of Edinburgh, we booked a table for later that evening, we were offered a variety of tables and choose one in the window. On return we were shown by the owner to the table we had booked, we were made really welcome, all of the staff were so friendly. There were several people in the restaurant it sounded from their conversations as though they regularly visited. The food was really excellent, full of flavor and beautifully presented and appeared authentic. We were not rushed in fact we were encouraged to stay and take our time. We absolutely loved it! A real gem and a great find!

Billkan2, General Manager at Phuket Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit , it is so important to us that customers are made to feel welcome and receive a good service.
We look forward to seeing you again in due course but in the mean time, our very best wishes to each and everyone.
Kind Regards

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Phuket Pavillion serves delicious authentic imaginative extremely good Thai food, lovingly prepared and exquisite to taste. The waiters and waitresses are dressed smartly in Thai traditional dress and their attentive friendly service creates an agreeable atmosphere that enlivens the dining experience. Indeed, the high ceilings, the light airy dining rooms, furnished in beautiful hand-crafted Thai wood furniture and Thai decor add to the overall warm ambience on offer in this 'something of a local landmark' restaurant. The interesting and varied menu of authentic and popular Thai food provided at good value prices and attractively presented at table by warm friendly waiters and waitresses is in my opinion a dining experience not to be missed. I noticed during our many visits during our week in nearby Stockbridge a steady stream of local diners returning again and again. Disregard any negative reviews of this little gem of a restaurant and enjoy the Phuket Pavillion experience for yourself, you will not be disappointed and like me, and the many local regular customers, you will want to return again and again!

1  Thank MartinChieGeorgina
Billkan2, General Manager at Phuket Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Hello! and please forgive me for the delay in replying to your wonderful review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we loved looking after all three of you ,as you were so much fun and it was a real pleasure to meet you.
It is appreciation like yours that boosts our belief in what we are doing and gives us the strength to carry on regardless of the odd negative and untruthful review.
We would love to see you again in due course, but in the mean time our sincere best wishes and God Bless you now and always.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I am sorry that this is such a late review, but I didn't join trip advisor until this week...I can honestly say that my hubby and I were blown away by this little gem! Best Thai that we have had during travels (and we live in Hawaii so we can be pretty picky about our Thai!) and it was on a night that we needed to get away and have some alone time from friends and their children. We hit the streets and tried to find a place to eat (we found out that it was tough on a Saturday without making reservations) but the owner, Bill was a wonderful character that was nice enough to squeeze us in on a full night and later chatted with us a bit, sharing some history and a laugh. I don't know about these other negative reviews, but I found the staff to be more than pleasant, the atmosphere like many Thai places here (which I think is quaint and comfortable) and the food was DELICIOUS! We will definitely be back the next time we make it to the UK. Thank you for being a part of our best night in Edinburgh and keep up the great work!!

1  Thank ZeeGee808

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and my sincere thanks for your lovely comments and the time to pass them on.
You travelled a long way and it was a pleasure to look after you and add to your enjoyment in Edinburgh. I certainly hope to see you again at sometime in the future, but in the mean time all our very best wishes to you and all your loved ones.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The service we were shown tonight was excellent, we were made at home and they attended to our every need. The jungle style beef dish and green thai curry was some of the most flavour bursting dishes we have ever came across. I recommend this as a must try to every one who enjoys great food, I will be back soon to try more delicoius food. I was aprehensive from a prevoius review that this was a good choice of restaurant but speaking to regulars we decided to try it tonight and it is now my favorite dinning out place that every one should try.

Billkan2, General Manager at Phuket Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Hello and a big thank you for both your lovely comments and your time to pass them on. It is so pleasing to learn that customers leave our restaurant feeling happy and totally satisfied with the experience.
Good for you having read a negative review but still took a chance and came along and enjoyed the occasion.
I look forward to seeing you again but in the mean time our very best wishes to you and all your loved ones.

Sincere Regards

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am sorry to say that this place has declined in service dramatically. This at one time was my favourite restaurant in the city maybe even my number one but has dropped off my top list altogether now and I won’t be back.

We attended the restaurant on a Thursday night around 7pm and it was not busy at all. We sat down at a table by the window placed our drinks order and were given some prawn crakcers which turned out to not be nice at all and tasted extremely greasey. We then discovered that sitting by the window was an extremely cold place to sit since every time the door opened there was a draft, we asked to move seats and the member of staff felt the need to ask the owner, Bill if this was ok and he seemed extremely annoyed that we wanted to sit at a different table in his empty restaurant. We asked if we could move up a few tables to nearer the bar and he scowled at us that it was noisy at the bar, he obviously didn’t want us to move seats. He then proceeded to ask why we were moving seats and when he was told it was because it was cold his reaction was one that should not have been experienced by a paying customer. The look on his face and the annoyance in his voice was as if to say “what it’s not cold”…..it was 10 degrees outside and every time the door opened there was a gust of wind. At this we decided to leave and I was and am still gutted at this experience in my favourite restaurant. While we were leaving a family of 3 came in and were told NO NO NO NO NO by Bill the supposed lovely sweet and attentive owner. Fair enough if there wasn’t capacity to seat and serve them but it could have been portrayed more politely than his growling and almost angry reaction.

I used to rave and recommend this place but now I will not be recommending it to anyone else and discouraging and friend family and colleagues from attending. This used to be in my opinion and totally hidden gem in the town but it has become just your typical establishment where the staff couldn’t care less.

2  Thank gthirteen
Billkan2, General Manager at Phuket Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

I totally disagree with your negative review. When you entered the the restaurant I offered you a choice of FIVE different tables, you choose one yourself next to the window with the large radiator nice and warm.
You were given a menu each and prawn crackers, your drinks order was taken by myself and served by one of the staff. After ten minutes the waiter went to take your food order and you requested a move to another table next to the bar, I said its a noisy table and the waiter relayed my suggestion and offered you table 25.
We were not only surprised but shocked when you walked out without PAYING YOUR BILL. It became pretty clear why you wanted to move as you had made a real mess of the table.

Regarding the three customers who entered as you dashed out, they requested a table that had just been vacated and as yet had not been cleaned and reset. we asked them to come back in a half hour which they did and got the table of their choice.
At no time was I or the staff rude to you or anyone else, so please no more falsehoods.