“Incredible host!”

Kismot
Ranked #57 of 2,483 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Wee Family run Indian and Bangladeshi restaurant.Mum and Dad cooking with the kids at the front of house.Bring your own bottle (no corkage charge, wine and beer only)Food cooked and served with alot of love and affection.Try our mums homestyle cooking chicken and lamb on the bone (what we have for dinner at home !) Dont forget the chocolate nan bread and other dishe's only available at our place my friends ! ! ! :)Open every day 4.30pm to 11.30pm
“Incredible host!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

After inadvertently crushing the managers own mother in the door behind me as I walked in, I was greeted with a joke or two and a warm welcome. Absolutely first class host made some great suggestions for a pair of first timers, and even made my partner something that wasn't on the menu! The quality of food was superb, and with the service too, made a great evening in a beautiful city. Highly recommended!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Aaron M
akbar a, The not so skinny Brother ! :) at Kismot, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
OMG ! !

I remember you ! my mother does too !

It was some entrance to a place to eat by nearly crushing my mum as you walked in :)

It was a pleasure to have you both round and means alot to hear how you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much, it was a pleasure to have helped you decide on your dinner and I was happy to get my mum and dad to cook a dish that was not on the menu.

Thank you again for such a kind review.

Look forward to seeing you guys next time, just dont hurt my mum again please ;)

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Thanks to the other reviews we visited Kismot on Bank Holiday Monday evening, and weren't disappointed. Akbar welcomed us as his 'pals from Ireland' and was good craic and very attentive. Food was very tasty and generous portions. Our young daughter enjoyed trying all the different flavours. Hope to be back soon.

1 Thank Ulster_Traveller
Hello there !

Thank you so much for your kind review, I remember you and you lovely family.

You were all a delight to have round and a pleasure to chat too.

Really pleased to here you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much and found our portions a nice size too.

Hope you and your family got home safe and sound.

Look forward to seeing you all next time your in.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Kismot was delicious and accommodating”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We walked in with no reservation during the University of Edinburgh graduation weekend. They were full of guests and extremely booked but still made room for us. The food was delicious--the best Indian we've ever tasted. Kismot certainly deserves their #1 ranking in Edinburgh--a city with many choices. It was the best meal of our 14 days in Scotland and we had some really fabulous meals.

1 Thank GoBigBlue223

I remember you both !

You sat just near the bar, we were so happy to fit you both in (just about).

So happy to hear you found my mum and dads cooking the best indian food you ever tasted and best meal you had in the 14 day stay in Scotland.

Thank you for so much for your kind review it really means so much for all the famiy and friends that are a part of kismot.

Hope you get home safe and sound back to America.

Varese, Italy
“Definitely, it's worth it!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

What a great experience! The Kismot definitely worth a visit if you are in Edinburgh. The owner is without a doubt a genius, he was able to bring a very good Indian food in Scotland and at the same time to bring a little 'of Scotland in Indian cuisine. The place is spotless, well furnished and pleasant. The staff is fast, competent estremaente (it was not our case, but for those who try for the first time the Indian cuisine is easy to get lost) and polite. Prices are fair. The Kismot is a BYOB restaurant ("Bring your own bottle") this is to respect their religious beliefs (but you can bring beer and wine). As for the food: it is outstanding, everything is really good and cooked with love, as it should be in a family run business. In short, definetely the Kismot is worth a visit. There is also the chance to taste one of the hottest (spicy) curry in the world. I would want to move to Edinburgh just to make the Kismot my weekly appointment. We'll come back soon!

3 Thank KaITrAvEL
Hello there !

i remember you ! Great pictures my friend !

Before I forget to meniton, My mum and dad are the owners and my wee brother is the genius behind all the diffrent Scottish Infused curries.

All i try to is look after the customers the way I would like to be treated with a wee bit of love and affection, and a bit of respect, sometimes people need help if they have never tried indian food before and I am more then happy to help if I can.

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much, they work tirelessly in the kitchen to cook good food and Im so glad you found the food to your taste.

Ah the BYOB (wine and beer only) yes again you are correct we do this for religous reasons and seems to work for for everyone !.

It was a pleasure to have you round my friend you have made my whole family really happy.

Look forward to seeing you next time your in.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Graduation Night”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a lovely night, great food and they even managed to cater to nearly 30 of us - fantastic! Service was quick quick (considering the number of us). The food was very tasty, hot and fresh when it arrived and the BYOB thing saved us all loads of money - thanks!

Hello there !

Thank you so much for your kind review ! we had so many Graduation Party's this weekend and chuffed to bits that your group had such a nice evening.

Great to read that you found our service quick, it was made really easy by all your help as we had a set party menu in advance. Pleased to hear you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much.

The BYOB (wine and beer only) is due to religious reasons and works out for everyone !

Thank you again it was a pleasure having you all round and wish you all a wonderfull future ! and hope to see you all again.