“It lives up to the hype!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kismot

Kismot
Ranked #70 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Wee Family run Indian and Bangladeshi restaurant.Mum and Dad cooking with the kids at the front of house.Bring your own bottle (no corkage charge, wine and beer only)Food cooked and served with alot of love and affection.Try our mums homestyle cooking chicken and lamb on the bone (what we have for dinner at home !) Dont forget the chocolate nan bread and other dishe's only available at our place my friends ! ! ! :)Open every day 4.30pm to 11.30pm
“It lives up to the hype!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

After hearing so many good things my wife, my daughter and I decided to give it a try on a gloomy December Sunday eve. Blown away by the friendly service. My wife loved her korma and I choose the garam massalam which was perfectly spicy, (not quite brave enough for the killer yet.), and the wee one even enjoyed her chips, kids!! :) BYOB works fine and I have now fallen in love with Naga pickle! Great work guys, been back for several takeaways since and none have disappointed!

1 Thank Garrymcginn1
akbar a, The not so skinny Brother ! :) at Kismot, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello there !

Thank you for your kind review.

Means so much to my mum and dad in the kitchen doing all hard work and my wee brother and sisters that we lived up to expectations.

Ah you cannae go wrong with the Korma, I think she would like the Amm curry next time, give it a wee try next time, mmm the Garam massalam one of my favourites hot spicy and rich goes fantastic with my mums garlice and corriander nan, ok better stop now Im starving and its only 9am on a saturday morning !

All we are is a wee family business trying our best to give you great food and treat people the way we would like to be treated at good value for money.

Pleased to read that you have been back for takeaways since then and they were equally as good,

Look forward to seeing you soon

Akbar
PS we are back open now after my dads holiday on Monday the 25th of February.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

A group of 15 of us went to Kismot for a set meal. The food was exceptional in itself but the warm and friendly service we received made for a really wonderful restaurant experience. Because of the fantastoc waiter service it was fantactic meal to have. Thankyou!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank john50186534
akbar a, The not so skinny Brother ! :) at Kismot, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Hello there ! !

Thank you so much for your kind review !

I remember you 15 you guys were all so pleasant to have round and really easy going,

So pleased you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much they work so hard in the kitchen and glad it showed in the food, ah the service thank you for your kind words we are all family that work in the front of house and you really cant beat the geniune family love

We try our best to treat people the way we would like to be treated with a bit of love and affection and I'm really glad it showed.

I think you guys had the set menu 2 (cannae go wrong menu) pleased you chose that as it gives a great selection of our most popular currys at a great price (under £16) and comes out all at once in a reasonable time.

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you and your freinds again

Akbar

PS we are open again from Monday 25th February after our holidays, if you want to book after that date please leave a message on 0131 667 0123
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“lovely food and grate staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

the food was brilliant so was the atmosphere in this family run business excellent menu and the staff were very helpful well worth the money a must for curry lovers

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Stuart C
Hello there !

Thank you so much for your kind review.

Its always really nice to read you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much, it makes their and our day reading reviews like yours.

It really a pleasure to work here at Kismot and I'm glad it shows in the atmosphere, ah our average spend per head is about half compared to other Indian restaurants due to the Bring Your Own Bottle policy, we do this for religious beliefs and this way you save a bundle and hopefully come back.

Look forward to seeing you again

Many thanks

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Great family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited last month, made the fatal mistake of not booking, which I would highly recommend, no wonder it's the best ind Edinburgh, the staff are just wonderful and really take their time to tell you all about the restaurant and their food. The food was stunning all home made by the family. Would very highly recommend and remover and book we were lucky to get a table

2 Thank SharonScotland33
Hello there !

Thank you so much for your kind review.

Chuffed to bits to hear you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much.

We are all family that work there and are so proud of our wee family business and happy to tell you all about our dish's and our stories behind them, pleased that you found our service just as good as our mum and dads cooking.

Hope to see you all again next time your in town.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Out of this world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here at the beginning of January on a trip to Edinburgh. We had found out about the restaurant through the great reviews on TripAdvisor and we were so glad we visited - we can definitely see what all the fuss was about! Such a great variety of dishes to choose from, and the food was so delicious I ate every last bite. Akbar you were most welcoming and friendly, thanks for the great service. Tip- get the cadbury nan for dessert, and beware, the Killer chips really are spicy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kismot, The not so skinny Brother ! :) at Kismot, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hello there !

I remember you both from Glasgow ! you were sitting opposite the bar.

Really pleased to read you enjoyed my mum and dads cooking so much, you cant get that anywhere else in Edinburgh, when its your business it really means much more then working for someone else as no matter how much you can pay someone REAL love and passion for a business is obvious when its your own and so glad it showed on your visit.

It was a pleasure to have you both round and pleased to read you enjoyed our service so much.

Look forward to seeing you both next time your in town !

Akbar

PS look forward to reopening our wee family restaurant once we are back from our holidays on the 25th of February if you want to book after that date leave us a message on 0131 667 0123